Respected Contributor

Re: GILI Sweater cape TSV is a replica?

I like Ruanas but not capes. They seem to be outdated quickly. I guess I just remember an elderly woman wearing a  brown  fax fur  cape smelling like stale perfume.  I would see her in the brocery store. She wore her  Christmas  corsage  forever. It was in the mid 1970s. Every time I see a cape I think of her.

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

So I guess according to you I have lousy taste, because I really like the way it looks. There really is something for everyone -- and we really should respect the live and let live thing, huh?

@BriggsiePeawiggleITA! I love it and purchase the charcoal.  I find it chic looking and I thought it looked good on everyone.  It is slimming, doesn't look like it clings and really spruces up an ordinary outfit.  It is something that I don't have in my wardrobe and love to wear something different.  I'm glad we all have options with what we like.

Honored Contributor

Not something I would/could wear.  I didn't  care for it on Mary D. either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't GILI do a cape last year and this is just an update of it?

I'm pretty sure the previous version had a higher neck, like a turleneck or mock neck.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Didn't GILI do a cape last year and this is just an update of it?

I'm pretty sure the previous version had a higher neck, like a turleneck or mock neck.

@Lipstickdiva 

Yes. I heard Jill this morning say the previous version had a more sheer upper chest part where you could see through the knit. She went on to say that part was changed to the solid knit to make it more of an outerwear garment.

This one is the older version from last year. You can still buy it for $73.  See how the knit on the chest has more holes in it:

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.qvc.com/GILI-Sweater-Cape-with-Button-Details.product.A299529.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GSPgirl wrote:

LR has taken the cape off of her shopping site.  Usually she leaves the pic up and has a sold out sign on the item 

It is still there under the post for the "moving sale" with the image of the digital clock - that link goes to the final sale items.  It shows it is sold out and the original price was $89. 100% acrylic.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky Yes, it is good we all have options.  Glad you liked it, and I'm sure many do. As for me it's a no - when I saw Mary D. wearing it yesterday I wondered why she was wearing a giant bib :-).  

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

So I guess according to you I have lousy taste, because I really like the way it looks. There really is something for everyone -- and we really should respect the live and let live thing, huh?

@BriggsiePeawiggle 

i think it is quite nice.....i would have purchased it if it did not have the mockneck.

hope everyone purchasing enjoys wearing it.

i thought it looked good on the models!

love capes and ruanas and ponchos and wear them often rather than coats.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

the iman poncho was 100% acrylic.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

the iman poncho was 100% acrylic.

When it comes to yarns used in sweaters, it's best to find them made with 100% of whatever. Blended yarn tends to pill and are usually more difficult to shave with a fabric shaver. 100% acrylic may not be the most desirable but that might look better than the cotton/acrylic blend especially after being washed and worn a few times.