Respected Contributor

I am considering the blush; I have a blush Roma 2 and a blush Gili obi belt and I think I could put together some nice fall outfits if I buy the blush jacket.  I'm still on the fence because I'm a bit bored with that short over long look.  On the other hand.....I'm envisioning fall maxi skirts with matching turlenecks and tall boots and the blush leather items.  At this point, I'm leaving it up to fate...lol   If the blush jacket is availabe in my size when I get home from work, I'll buy it.  If blush is gone in my size, I'll know it wasn't meant to be.  

Frequent Contributor
Gosh, that blush is beautiful. But I ended up ordering the brown. Was so torn between colors so I might go back for the blush. I'm a sucker for jackets.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: GILI Leather Jacket

[ Edited ]

@CorrTor wrote:

I'm sorry, but I don't get the appeal of this jacket at all.  I think it's hideous!  It might look good on small/thin women from afar, but when you look at a closeup it's awful.  The print and all the seams in the sleeves....I just don't get it.   

-----------------------------------------

Agree... also too short and too flowy/wide at the hips. Anyone with a curvy body would look so much larger in the hip area. I also thought the seams on the neckline looked too puckered and creased.  Not for me...

Respected Contributor

So I decided to check the web to see what's out in the stores. Nothing was close to this price and many with this large collar. Just an FYI ...

Contributor

Couldn't've written it better myself (& I'm a journalist)...can't you tell by mt quaint contraction?  LOL

Respected Contributor

Pretty jacket but I noticed that on Jackie the upper arms are very tight. Ight.keep they might have not sized the upper arm properly. It looked like if she bent her elbow it would really pull across the bicep.  I also .noticed the cotton in the collar was puckered...especially that purple. 

Honored Contributor

When I sat and saw an actual presentation of this, I realized I really disliked it.  Too short in the back, that odd cotton material or whatever it was on the big collar, the print on the jacket, the ponte on th sleeves.  It was just too much.   

Respected Contributor

I will be curious to read reports from our forum members who did purchase it. I do like the G.I.L.I. line a lot--but I'm not a youngster and it's definitely aimed to be more fashion-foreward and European inspired. I was in Florence maybe 4 years ago on business, and I noticed that the ruffled leather was a huge trend there and we started seeing it in the US. (They love leather in Italy.) This jacket is probably inspired by some mixing of linen or cotton and leather going on right now, though I haven't been back to Italy since and seeing for myself. I was in Scandinavia and Russia for a business outing last summer and noticed that big rayon scarves/wraps were fashionable, and that most of the women, even in summer, had neck wrappings. You are seeing that here in the huge selection of those long, fringed scarves. 

I got a G.I.L.I. dress--the assymmetrical hem  A252714 (now out of stock.) I have it in black and want the white and blue for summer dinner parties and vacations. The reviews here, btw, are correct, it runs a tad large. I don't like hi-low hems but this design has fantastic lines and the neckline and shoulders are wearable. It's also alterable to some degree and I have to take in the waist a bit even though I'm built like a barrel on chopsticks (never did have a waist even as a skinny youngster.) This dress is amazing and can bridge many age groups and body types.

I also carry several G.I.L.I. bags and have come to appreciate their looks. I feel very stylish in a number of their designs, mostly skirts and bags and hope they continue to have a few designs that us older gals can wear. 

As to the jacket, let's hear how it worked out. I loved the look--but it was not for my body type. 

Honored Contributor

This jacket is the worst jacket I've ever seen.  I couldn't send it back fast enough.  I ordered the indigo which I did like the color but that's as far as it goes.  It had a horrible odor to it.  Even when I had it packed up and bringing to the post office I could still smell it.  It was a wrinkled mess and it was huge on me.  I ordered the 0 and it hung like a sack on me.  I think  they should reimburse the s& h on this.  This will be on clearance very soon and even then I don't think anyone would buy it especially with the bad reviews.