Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

No QVC does not sell real fur. The Op is wrong.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Etelka Manufacturer of this coat couldn't afford to offer REAL FUR on hundreds of coats.  What are you thinking?

I received this coat yesterday...................and it's NOT REAL FUR.

For those thinking of purchasing it - I'm returning it b/c it's very heavy - very puffy - and my head looks like a head of cabbage sticking out of a huge oversized piece of bedding.  Also an issue with the hood.  Just for your info.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt   !! LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: GET WITH THE TREND QVC

[ Edited ]

@fthunt 

LOL! Your description of how it looks on you (cabbage head!) cracked me up!

Thank you for your review, that's probably what I would look like too, not a good look, LOL!

I also am turned off by the logo on the sleeve to imitate the more expensive Canada Goose brand of jackets, I find that trying to imitate an expensive brand is just tacky.

Kinda like carrying a fake or knock-off Louis Vuitton purse.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of us like the look of faux fur and would never wear real fur since we love our  furry pets.  I love my pets as family , however I do love the look of  faux animal fur items. It must be the ancient woman in me ! Don't  ...  the messenger .

You have your opinion and some of us have our opinions on faux fur.

Regular Contributor

Macy's announced in the past week or so that they were going to stop selling fur.  They mentioned when but I don't recall the date.

Honored Contributor

@Cwoldie 

As I mentioned in a thread above. Macys will stop selling real fur in 2021....why not now?

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Cwoldie 

As I mentioned in a thread above. Macys will stop selling real fur in 2021....why not now?

I wonder if Macy's has contract(s) with their fur vendors which Macy's has to uphold until 2021? If Macy's breaks contracts then that could involve complications like fines and other legal issues.

Respected Contributor

The use of real DOWN (feathers) in a coat is the same as the use of real FUR on a coat.

The sold-out coat from Artic Expedition uses real down, as do the blanket coverlets QVC also sells.

Yes, Macy's and Bloomingdales have agreed to stop selling fur by the end of 2020.

States like California are starting to pass laws that fur cannot be sold there.

The issue about diamonds is the ethical treatment of miners and the environment--and many diamonds can be traced to their source and ethically removed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not for buying or wearing products which contain down/feathers. Harvesting of down/feather usually doesn't leave the birds dead but they suffer in the process, some may even die. Fur used for clothing, otoh, means animals have died in order to get the fur. I'm not for that either. 

Fur or feather....not the same but still unethical things for human to use. Neither are cruelty-free.