Contributor

I have not worn fur for at least 30 plus years.  I admire companies like Macy's etc who refuse to carry fur products.  Most people do not know that animals are trapped in an extremely painful way, perhaps they need to be educated.  If you choose to wear fur, just know, most people do not admire the look.  Give me diamonds.

Honored Contributor

Does QVC sell real fur?  

Honored Contributor

@Etelka ............The TSV does not have real fur.  You are mistaken.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Occasional Contributor

Is faux fur now a problem?  Just trying to keep up with the growing list of things that are bad.Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Etelka wrote:

I have not worn fur for at least 30 plus years.  I admire companies like Macy's etc who refuse to carry fur products.  Most people do not know that animals are trapped in an extremely painful way, perhaps they need to be educated.  If you choose to wear fur, just know, most people do not admire the look.  Give me diamonds.

"Hardware: zip-off hood with faux-fur trim, front two-way zip closure with snap placket"

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@Etelka 

I know I have seen the Fur Vault at a Macy’s.  A friend stores her coat there and may have purchased it there.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: GET WITH THE TREND QVC

[ Edited ]

The filling in the TSV coat has down and feathers, but no fur on the coat. I choose not to wear or purchase products with down/feathers for ethical reasons.

I have a feeling this (thread) won't last long.

Esteemed Contributor
@Etelka wrote:

You might want to re-examine your post, ironically urging another to "get with the trend". 

I, for one, would like to know what specific fur products you refer to in this post.

I don't know what "many people do not know..." ,

but I do know an animal may be farm raised for its pelt...or not. 

But the sanctioned trapping of (do you mean wild?) animals you refer to, for the mass manufacturing of a garment?...

show me.

Honored Contributor

@Etelka wrote:

Then there are those that do not admire diamonds--for ethical reasons.

Honored Contributor

@Etelka 

Before you give Macys undue credit, you need to do better research.

Macys still sells real fur (they have 133 real fur items in stock at this moment) and will continue to sell real fur until 2021.

If Macys was really being conscientious about the real fur issue, why continue to sell it for another 2 years???

GREED! Plain and simple.

CA already has legislation to ban real fur sales and NY is also considering legislation to ban it as well.

QVC IS "with the program", no real fur sold here.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.