Super Contributor

@Matchup  I bought a small La-Z-Boy recliner last year and the patterned fabric I chose is pretty but uncomfortably scratchy after 5 minutes of sitting.  I bought a recliner cover last year to make my expensive chair comfortable to sit in.  It seems to stay rumpled even though I re-tuck frequently.  That "tucking tool" helps to get the fabric tucked in but does nothing to KEEP it tucked in.  In fact, they work their way out of the slot and fall through my chair to the floor.  Regardless, I bought another one yesterday in Sand because I've been wanting a lighter color and the chair is useless to me without a cover.  The old cover still looks good and will become my backup.  I do wish the part that covers the footrest was longer and the part that covers the top of the chair was shorter.

Honored Contributor

We have a dog who is allowed on our couch.  I always have one of these types of covers over my couch to protect it.  I generally just buy mine from Walmart or Big Lots. They are much cheaper and they do the same thing.

No matter what, IMO they are just a total PITA.  They are a mess all time time unless you put them over furniture you are never going to use.  I think they glue these down in some of the demos to make them stay.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

I bought on of those one-piece that covers cushions, back and arms - for my loveseat where I usually sit (best seat in the house) .... and where I am constantly losing my crochet hooks, stitch markers, pens, etc.  You name it - you would find it down between the cushions.

My loveseat is black velvet - the cover is black cotton quilted.  You don't even notice that it's a cover.  AND, I DON'T LOSE ALL MY STUFF DOWN THE CUSHIONS!

I got it from Amazon - very inexpensive. 

Trusted Contributor

i ordered 2 sets of furniture covers from here and matching chair covers.. i really like them.. but i wanted to order more, but they didnt have my color. so i ordered them somewhere else.. my couch isnt old, maybe 7 yrs.. but i like to keep it covered.. and the furniture covers always look nice. i like taupe, or a light color.. but then again i live alone, and with no pets...i know you can buy tucking tools to keep them in place. the other place i just ordered from sells them..

Honored Contributor

Re: Furniture Covers

[ Edited ]

They never stay in place. I'm always fussing with them to get them straight...and then someone sits down and it's back to the same ol' mess. I gave up.

Oh, and if the dog gets up on the chair, she just claws at the cover and makes it all bunched up into a ball so she can cozy that way....Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Re: Furniture Covers

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

They never stay in place. I'm always fussing with them to get them straight...and then someone sits down and it's back to the same ol' mess. I gave up.

Oh, and if the dog gets up on the chair, she just claws at the cover and makes it all bunched up into a ball so she can cozy that way....Woman Frustrated

where  i got mine from last week, they have tucking tools.. next time i order from their i'm going to buy some...

Honored Contributor

I’ve debated these Sure Fit covers for several years. I even saw a few at my Big Lots. So far I’ve decided to stick with regular throws which are less expensive. I like something on my sofas to protect from dogs and accidental food & drink spills. I have different colors and patterns to coordinate with the decor & colors of my rooms. I don’t mind readjusting the ones I have. Over the years I’ve bought throws at Marshall’s, TJMaxx, Meijer, Walmart, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I noticed that the newest SureFit offer had more fabric at the top of the cover. 

More length at the top, so it drapes over the top of the back of the recliner.  

Now I'm thinking that maybe they can have a zipper along the back edge, with heavy weights (or whatever) that will weigh down the backside and that can be removed before washing.

Well, another one of my 'interesting' inventions.....lol.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).