Honored Contributor

Funny experience with Vionic shoes

I SO hope this comment isn't considered inappropriate, but I really think it's something that should be said.

SEVERAL seasons ago, the Vionic style (when it wasn't called Vionic!) was made with a man made upper, which I couldn't wear because they made my feet perspire.

One day, Dr. Weil was on QVC selling a paricular Moc style shoe with a leather upper, and on the spur of the moment, I ordered FOUR pairs.

When I received them it was TRUE LOVE, and I have worn them ever since.

I mean I HAVE WORN THEM EVER SINCE. Those shoes have worn like IRON. Honest to goodness, they are YEARS OLD, and I wear them almost EVERY DAY, for the last SEVERAL WINTERS, and they still look, and even more important, they FEEL, like brand new.

I am ordering a pair of the TSV because I NEED and love the NAVY.  I only need the navy because my older Vionics are simlar in color, the RICH brown, BEAUTIFUL black, and ELEGANT wine, and still perfect. Navy wasn't available in the older style.

I can't wait to get this new style, and I have high hopes that they'll be as terrific as my old friends.

Respected Contributor

Re: Funny experience with Vionic shoes

Everyone has a different experience. I've ordered them on two different occasions, and promptly returned them both times, so I'm through with trying these.  I went back to my faithful Birks.

I have flat, narrow feet, and I need arch support in all my shoes to prevent foot and knee problems.  The presentation was very convincing, but when I put them on it felt like I had a huge rock under my arch.  I mean they hurt my feet and knees so badly that I couldn't even walk through the house with them.  I prefer a footbed that is contoured to the foot (like the Birks), with a more modest arch support.

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

I have been a fan of the orthaheel for many years and have turned several others on to the brand. One thing - I have noticed a difference in the brand since they're now vionic. The softness of the foodbed and the body of the slippers are not the same. Is there consideration to going back to the orthaheels of the past.

Also, I have 2 men I regularly buy gifts for. I usually look for a supportive slipper for men for Christmas. The women's closed toe slip-on to me seems like a unisex style that I feel would be desireable for men as well but you don't make them in men's sizes. Could they be made for men and if so, could you go up to a size 14. I have a son (6'4") - a BIG man. He has had multiple foot and ankle surgeries and I believe he would benefit from this syle of slipper. Please, please, please consider making the slip-one,closed toe slippers for men - up to a size 14. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a few pair of the rubber ones or whatever they are made out of. I don't like them because my feet sweat too much. I turned around & bought what they called the Vionic line back then that were leather. I like them a lot better. I still cannot wear them. I don't know if the arch support is too high or what is off with them. When I wear them & run errands for 3-5 hrs I have a killer lower backache. I can wear my birks running the same errands without the killer backache. I won't be buying anymore. I'm sticking to Birks.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I SO hope this comment isn't considered inappropriate, but I really think it's something that should be said.

SEVERAL seasons ago, the Vionic style (when it wasn't called Vionic!) was made with a man made upper, which I couldn't wear because they made my feet perspire.

One day, Dr. Weil was on QVC selling a paricular Moc style shoe with a leather upper, and on the spur of the moment, I ordered FOUR pairs.

When I received them it was TRUE LOVE, and I have worn them ever since.

I mean I HAVE WORN THEM EVER SINCE. Those shoes have worn like IRON. Honest to goodness, they are YEARS OLD, and I wear them almost EVERY DAY, for the last SEVERAL WINTERS, and they still look, and even more important, they FEEL, like brand new.

I am ordering a pair of the TSV because I NEED and love the NAVY.  I only need the navy because my older Vionics are simlar in color, the RICH brown, BEAUTIFUL black, and ELEGANT wine, and still perfect. Navy wasn't available in the older style.

I can't wait to get this new style, and I have high hopes that they'll be as terrific as my old friends.

I'm so glad they're offering exactly what you need and have been hoping for, @violann.  Life is good when your feet are happy. happy

For me however, this TSV is an easy pass because my feet don't love Vionics.  Not to worry though; I have lots of shoes that make my feet happy. 

Honored Contributor

Please correct me if my reasoning is wrong, but my thinking tells me that one's skeletal frame adjusts to a type of shoe? My frame adjusted to one style of East Spirit style and so nothing else works.

i will bet that if I had rotated styles during my standing years as a teacher, I would now be able to switch. 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Interesting mention of Birkies, Ladies.

I wore them for YEARS, couldn't wear anything else. I think at one point I had over 40 pair.

Since major weight loss, I can wear other shoes like Vionics.

Honored Contributor

I'm another that doesn't get happy feet from this brand.  I too have tried twice. 

I get pain something horrible up my calf starting right above my ankle bone and going to my knee.  This happens in both legs.  

Honored Contributor

I have flat, narrow feet, and I need arch support in all my shoes to prevent foot and knee problems.  The presentation was very convincing, but when I put them on it felt like I had a huge rock under my arch.  I mean they hurt my feet and knees so badly that I couldn't even walk through the house with them.  I prefer a footbed that is contoured to the foot (like the Birks), with a more modest arch support.

I have the same kind of feet and can't wear Vionic or Birkis due to the prominent arch.  I've found Alegria to be just right, supportive but comfortable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Please correct me if my reasoning is wrong, but my thinking tells me that one's skeletal frame adjusts to a type of shoe? My frame adjusted to one style of East Spirit style and so nothing else works.

i will bet that if I had rotated styles during my standing years as a teacher, I would now be able to switch. 

@LTT1. Not true.  I couldn't wear Birkis or Vionic if my life depended on it.  Believe me, I've tried.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment