Esteemed Contributor

Re: Frustrated with It foundation presentations!

On 6/21/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

The face chart is TERRIBLE and totally useless! They are getting worse and worse with how they present foundation colors.

I agree!!! Don't understand why do they do this with all their makeup brands. Saves me money, because I can't buy based on a little chart on my TV screen. As others have said - just line the different shades next to each other!!

Contributor

Thank you Gem! That Phyrra review is awesome. She shows the Fair compact, on her face, and even shows the Fair, light, and medium shades on her arm. Perfect! The light and medium shades would definitely NOT work for me. Even tho the Fair in the compact looks nearly white, on her face it looks lovely. Check it out ladies!
Contributor

On 6/21/2014 mitiboan said: Thank you Gem! That Phyrra review is awesome. She shows the Fair compact, on her face, and even shows the Fair, light, and medium shades on her arm. Perfect! The light and medium shades would definitely NOT work for me. Even tho the Fair in the compact looks nearly white, on her face it looks lovely. Check it out ladies!
Happy to help! Have a great weekend!
Valued Contributor

I, too, wish they would SWATCH the colors!!! Those pictures are very deceptive. The lady in light looks darker than the lady in medium. STRANGE

Regular Contributor

I agree Jamie and other vendors show the foundation compacts with all the other colors on your set when you explain colors. You certainly can do that. You could be losing sales by not doing it.
Respected Contributor

On the question and answer segment on the site of this today's special someone asked where the product is manufactured. Answer: China. Afraid there will be no sale for me today.

Regular Contributor

Why are these products made in China???

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I hate buying new foundation. Even in person! Once some years back when Prescriptives offered all their colors, their Rep at Nordstrom chose a color for me after testing and trying several. It was okay. Not great, but okay at least. A year or so later I went to a Prescriptives make-up session I think at Bloomies and that Rep chose a different color. He said the one I was wearing dulled my face!

When I told him why I was wearing that one, he wouldn't badmouth the other rep, but insisted I'd feel better in the color he chose and I did, so I bought that one. If trained reps from the same company can't even choose the right color, how are we supposed to from a TV show?

I think I can just pass on the TSV and for some dollars less buy the brow power. I use that every day. Received it as a bonus a few years ago along with the concealer - and I hate the concealer, so I wonder if I'd like the new one any better or use it any more often than I did that one which I probably should have returned!

Contributor

On 6/21/2014 HiLo said:

On the question and answer segment on the site of this today's special someone asked where the product is manufactured. Answer: China. Afraid there will be no sale for me today.

Oh no. After all my obsessing about which shade. Won't be buying if it's made in China. Nothing should ever be tested on animals. I thought this line was cruelty free?
Frequent Contributor

On 6/21/2014 mitiboan said:
On 6/21/2014 HiLo said:

Oh no. After all my obsessing about which shade. Won't be buying if it's made in China. Nothing should ever be tested on animals. I thought this line was cruelty free?
It is cruelty free. Just because a product is manufactured in China doesn't mean that it's research and development is done in china.