Contributor

Frustrated with It foundation presentations!

I so wish they would demo the Fair. I've watched many presentations of this foundation with varying hosts and have yet to see them demo the Fair. The light looks scary yellow on some of the models. Also would be very helpful for them to line up the open compacts side by side so we can compare shades better. Their face chart is useless. Also, Jamie, could you mention which shades are better for cool vs warm skin tones. Thank you!
Contributor

Re: Frustrated with It foundation presentations!

I use med & tan... Depending on the season. I bought my 16yo daughter the last TSV in light & she screeched it was too yellow. It's laying on her dresser. Used once. Guess what? Too yellow Smiley Sad Should have sent hers back. I just feel bad sending things back.
Occasional Contributor

Mitiboan, I totally agree with everything you said! Never show the fair on anyone. But after what SCD said I am going for the Fair! Thanks to both of you. QVC are you listening? Tonight, please show someone in the Fair foundation and also line compacts up beside each other! Used to do that a long time ago. Mitiboan is right on!
Super Contributor

The face chart is TERRIBLE and totally useless! They are getting worse and worse with how they present foundation colors.

Frequent Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

The face chart is TERRIBLE and totally useless! They are getting worse and worse with how they present foundation colors.

100% Totally Agree!!!!

Contributor

Thanks, ladies! I know from the posts I read there any many others trying to decide on which shade. Too bad Jamie couldn't offer a small sampler compact that contains all the shades. That way we can sample at home, not in a store!
Contributor

I think I read somewhere on the IT cosmetics site that the undertones are not too pink or too yellow, but somewhere in between with a neutral-to-peach undertone. Also, I found online a blogger named Phyrra who tested the IT Celebration foundation in the Fair shade and her pictures are really nice and clear. I know it's not exactly the same as a tv presentation but hopefully it will help somewhat. http://www.phyrra.net/2013/06/it-cosmetics-celebration-foundation-replenishment-review.html
Highlighted
Contributor

On 6/21/2014 gemologygal said: I think I read somewhere on the IT cosmetics site that the undertones are not too pink or too yellow, but somewhere in between with a neutral-to-peach undertone. Also, I found online a blogger named Phyrra who tested the IT Celebration foundation in the Fair shade and her pictures are really nice and clear. I know it's not exactly the same as a tv presentation but hopefully it will help somewhat. http://www.phyrra.net/2013/06/it-cosmetics-celebration-foundation-replenishment-review.html
Thanks, I'll check it out!
Respected Contributor

It IS frustrating --and they aren't alone in this. A nice close up of the foundation would help. I'm generally a light (one off fair) but sometimes medium. I'm neutral--not yellow, maybe slightly pink but not all that pink or cool toned. So if a foundation is too yellow or too pink, I want to see it. I have the same issue with looking at Laura Geller or Tarte.

Honored Contributor

It's difficult to find the right color foundation. Maybe because my face has everything on it, the lightest color always works.

My late husband's business partner's wife (phew! If you had trouble following that, think of how difficult it was for me to post it), where was I? Oh! OK. Anyway, this woman had the most beautiful skin. It was clear as milk. White, no zits, no zit scars (well, you get the picture).

I used to tell her how beautiful it was. My saving grace (that kept me from being jealous) was that people who have amazing skin like that when they get one teeny tiny zit, it looks like an eruption about to happen.

So, my point is that maybe most of us have skin that has ummmmm problems and that's why it doesn't have to be exactly a perfect match but yet it matches.

If you don't like it you can send it back. I wish I had the fortitude (and memory) to send back some of this makeup I buy that stinks.