Honored Contributor

Re: Frost Guard reviews experiences

I bought the one from last year and was so tempted to buy this new one but didn't. I hate when a product is sold and then a year or less they make improvements on it. Honestly I don't use it that often anyway because I always forget to put it on prior to a snowfall.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered one so I hope its OK. I read on Amazon that some complained they got frozen onto the mirrors where they hook etc. Then others love them. So thought Id rake a chance and get one. We have a garage but it often snows when my DH is at work of course, so I thought it may come in handy. Plus he doesn't always put the cars in the garage.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

i bought last year and it worked good

Honored Contributor

I have no experience with this because I just can't imagine messing with this.  LOL 

If you get a super heavy wet snow like we often do, you'd have to clean that off before it was put away.  If it's super windy outside, you'd have to fight to get it on the car. 

And what about the rest of your windows?  They were presenting this like vehicles just have a front windshield or if you clean your front windshield you are good to go.  You still have all the other windows of your vehicle that need to be cleaned off. 

I have remote start on my car so when I'm at work, I start my car and everything is defrosted and cleared when I come out.  If it is a deep snow, I have to shove it off with a snow brush.  At home, my car is in the garage.

Respected Contributor

I bought four!  Sure hope they work like depicted!  

Valued Contributor

I ordered two last year and worked great. Ordered the new one in the snowflake and going to give my daughter last years model.  She's happy with that and I am happy with the snowflake one.

Usually how we do it.  If I want something different I pass on the old one to her and we both win.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have no experience with this because I just can't imagine messing with this.  LOL 

If you get a super heavy wet snow like we often do, you'd have to clean that off before it was put away.  If it's super windy outside, you'd have to fight to get it on the car. 

And what about the rest of your windows?  They were presenting this like vehicles just have a front windshield or if you clean your front windshield you are good to go.  You still have all the other windows of your vehicle that need to be cleaned off. 

I have remote start on my car so when I'm at work, I start my car and everything is defrosted and cleared when I come out.  If it is a deep snow, I have to shove it off with a snow brush.  At home, my car is in the garage.

It's totally easy to clean off, I just release the cover on one side and then let the snow fall off as I pull it off the car. I still have to get the snow off of the roof of my car and the hood . I've never had to clean off my other windows. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Clean it off??? All you do is release one side and the snow slides off. Also here in CNY we have issues with ice buildup and releasing one side and removing it makes the fall right off and it protects the wipers . As for your point as to a vehicle has other windows - true but I also have a remote starter and the defrosters take care of the side and rear windows ( I own an SUV so the back window is straight up and down) while the  windshield is angled so collects more snow and ice. Finally - as for it being hard to put on when it's windy - well - like you said you have no experience with it so......

Valued Contributor

I purchased 7 of these last year as Christmas gifts. Everyone was very pleased with their performance. Some of the recipients even sent me pictures of their cars with them on during a snowstorm. None of them were stolen when used at work. They all survived the ice ,wind and snow and are ready for this winter.

Valued Contributor

I bought 2 of them on the same day and one showed up today, and the other did not. bought them for my daughters.  Hoping to save them some scrapping time before work. I like the safety feature that goes inside the car.  will not blow when the wind does.