Respected Contributor

Frost Guard reviews experiences

I live in Chicago and our winters are fierce.  Wet, icy, snowy etc.

Does this thing really perform with real winter extreames?  I have to park outside and am thinking maybe but doubt it will really perform.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Frost Guard reviews experiences

All I can add is that I read good reviews on the product on Amazon.  I bought some sort of cover last year at WalMart, and it was awful.  It had to clipped inside the vehicle some how and strapped on...nearly impossible to put on.  It also stuck to the windshield and left black stuff or the wind whipped it right off.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know about this product but they once sold a very heavy rubber windshield cover that was outstanding.  I have looked for that to come back again but I have never seen it since.

Honored Contributor

I bought two last year and they worked great. It's very nice to not have to scrape ice off my windshield. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I purchased two and had them sent to Grand Junction Colorado . They worked great.

The UPS delivery man asked my daughter in law , what in the world were all of those long tube thingys he was delivering,,his truck was full of them,, around 75 just for that area.haha.

I think this years is better because it is a little longer.

They enjoyed them,,sure beat scraping all that ice off early in the morning.

Grammajo

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

We bought the original one last year. It worked really well. We live in KY and tend to get more ice than snow. I was leery about having it at work, bc we had a parking lot that was for employees AND the public. Luckily, no one stole it. I plan on ordering the new version for myself & hubby said he'd take the original one. 

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is the material. The one from last yr has microscopic holes in a few places bc of it getting beat up w/the ice storms we endured. The new one is supposed to be stronger. I hope that's really true.  

Honored Contributor

i do hope these work as well as the reviews have said. i bought six today for christmas gifts. if we expect some snow before then i may have to just give them before christmas!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I had them in my cart last year & changed my mind. I figured they would just get stolen. My friend, however, ordered some. All she did was rave about them. We had a brutal winter last year (WNY- need I say more?) and she said they worked great. So this year I ordered 4- 3 for gifts. I like the added flap security feature that shuts in the door. Can't wait to try mine out.

Respected Contributor

Bought one last year and LOVED it!!  I debated about getting this one, but went ahead.....I've always been afraid that somene would steal it (I live in an apt. complex...also I never used it when I was out shopping, etc.), but with the new security feature, I went ahead and got the new one!!!!! Great buy for me!!

Honored Contributor

If I lived where there was a lot of ice and snow, I surely would be trying one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment