Trusted Contributor

Re: Fresh Face TSV Bad Advice!

I love using the cloths with just water to remove my makeup.  I have sensitive skin, and my face is clean after wiping.  I just use them once though and toss them in the wash.

Trusted Contributor

QVC will do anything to make a sale.  These cloths are gross.  Look like something you would dust your furniture with.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@charlygeorge wrote:

As somene who worked in healthcare, I cannot go without saying something about the Fresh Face lady who says she re-uses her towel for several days without washing! What?? Rinsing the cloth with water encourages mircobe growth. Does she know she's pretty much putting yesterday's  and the day before makeup,  bactieria, and viruses back on her face???  She might as well not even wash her face.. not good advice to give anyone.  And btw, water alone does not cleanse your skin, you really need soap and water together. Same goes for the makeup wipes, they don't remove it all.  Just taking off your makeup does not equal clean skin. No, this is not being a germaphobe but common sense. 

@charlygeorge 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for saying this!
when i was growing up, my mother would not allow anyone to use the same wash cloth more than once, for all of the reasons you stated, and more. she was a nurse.

sheets, pillow cases and towels, at best, my mother only allowed them to be used for 2 days. yes, there was a lot of laundry going on in my house. LOL
i freak out when i hear people saying they only change the sheets once a week.

while i don't wear makeup, i use these cloths, ONCE and in the laundry they go. when i bought my first set, i tried using one a second time, on the same day, but i could hear my mothers lectures about this in my head and stopped and ordered a 2nd and 3rd set! i hadn't used a wash cloth more then once, ever, so why i temporarily lost my mind and thought it was okay to use these face cloths more then once, i don't know.

if you have paid attention to a clarisonic presentation or read their web site, they say using their mia, is better then using your hands or wash cloth. but they don't claim that it's 100% better. ummm, that means that even it leaves some dirt, makeup, bacteria, etc, etc on your face. this isn't a dig at clarisonic (i own 3), just trying to point out that if the device doesn't get EVERYTHING off, that a face cloth definitely won't.

besides the bacteria from your own skin, from what i can tell, the majority of makeup has chemicals, many of which aren't good. so, on top of the bacteria, using the same face cloth more than once, a percent of the chemicals that one tries to get off with this cloth, are going right back on your face, the next time the face cloth is used, if it hasn't been washed.

many science classes that i took in junior of senior high school covered the bacteria that grows on wet things. in high school, everyone in the class had to bring in the face cloth that they used that morning. each of us looked at them through our microscopes. day 2 was bad. day 3 looked like a crime scene.

i had a friend that was a bio chemist. this was her saying: bacteria grows. it's like washing the body part that you sit on and then using the same cloth to wash your face. (i said that as clean as possible, so i hope you know what i am referring to). no one would do that.

i honestly don't think many people realize the real amount of dirt, bacteria and germs that wet or damp objects hold and that it multiplies on the towel, face cloth or whatever, at a rapid rate, every day.

there is a reason why hospitals change the sheets daily (some now have switched to every other day, unless you insist otherwise). trust, it's not because they like you. they are well aware of the bacteria and germ issues.

and obviously, ones face is not clean, by JUST using this face cloth with water. don't believe me? use one of these face cloths, then get one of those detox or vitamin c pads or a stridex pad without alcohol, and rub it across your face a few times.

i like them because they are way softer then a wash cloth.

yes, these cloths get stuff off your face, but there is still much stuff left behind.

Highlighted
Contributor

I totally agree with you! Well said!

Honored Contributor

I purchased these last year and returned them.  They were very small and thin.  I was going to gift some, but those tiny round cloths would get lost at the laundromat which is where one of my "giftees" washes clothing.  I think it would be gross to use them more than once without washing.  (I never reuse a washcloth or  bath towels.)  The ones I got were a pastel color and I did assume they would show stains.  Also, to gift these you would almost have to give each recepient an entire set to make them work.  Gifting one would not go very far unless they used one for several days without washing.  They make it sound so good, but I'm glad I returrned my order last year and won't be ordering this year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

But but but....if sold separately, these re-purposed cleaning rags would cost....

$167.00!!!!!

They BETTER do some magic at that price!!!!!

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

That thing would look disgusting hanging in the bathroom after having been used.

@Kachina624   I agree but better then hanging your mop up in the bathroom.    LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Super Contributor

I may in the minority here, but I've owned these cloths for 3 years and they are amazing.

They truly remove makeup and leave my skin feeling good just with water. I do sometimes use a little micellar water to remove my mascara but otherwise these wash clean, not one of the cloths has stains.  I wouldn't reuse a cloth so I own enough to use a clean one daily.

Honored Contributor

I use these face clothes every once in a while, in a pinch.  They are fantastic!  No scrubbing or pulling required.  They remove all of my makeup.  After each use, in the washing machine it goesIt's certainly not my regular routine for washing my face, but it really does clean beautifully.  When I do early morning power walks, I can wake up, use this cloth and be out the door.  If I'm exhausted at night after a full day out, I can use this, no problem.

Last year they had solid colors so I purchased a set for my son who is very athletic.  Instead of wiping sweat all over his face with a towel he brings in his gym bag, he now uses these.  Just wet, wring, and use. Then he can drive home without that underlying dry sweat layer that used to clog his skin.  He said they are the best easiest thing ever.

[But that comparable retail price of $167 is absolutely ridiculous!]

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I may be the minority here but I have these from last year and love them.  I have one for every day and only use them once and wash them.  I use as I would a wash cloth.  I use my cleanser and rinse off with these.  They work amazing and so soft on the face.

I also forgot to mention that these do NOT stain.  I even use them to clean my make up brushes and they haven't stained at all.  They wash beautifully.