Honored Contributor

Re: French Terry Dip by D&Co 3/17

I like the Pale Taupe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I kind of like it,especially in the yellow. But the arms and bust looked somewhat tight on Mary Beth. I wonder if it's running small. It would be perfect for early Spring around here.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I don't normally buy D&C tops ... but this is a rather simple design.  basically a blank slate that I can jazz up as needed.

I got the beige and the yellow.  No hip issues - so white bottom isn't a problem.  

Everywhere is air conditioned - I can use long sleeves in summer.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I got this Quacker Factory shirt not long ago which is very similar to the TSV.

Screenshot_20190317-004718.jpg

@Kachina624 

All QVC lines look alike now....I like the QF version better....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

They've really gone all in 60's--wide leg pants, dip dye---GROOVY Woman LOL

And just what woman want with that white at the bottom, let's draw the eye and attention to the stomach, hips, and thigh area Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

The dip dye part leaves me meh, as does the french terry.  However, I love long or bracelet length sleeves for the summer.  My office, my local grocery store, subway trains and buses, are so cold in the summer you can see your breath.  

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I wish the 'dip-dyed' was the other way around....light to dark!!   Don't like any shocking white around my lower hipline!  Doesn't Gary always talk about instant skinny regarding placement of dark colors??? Dark color needs to be on the bottom part. I do like terry fabric in tops though....

@corita 

I'm just the opposite from you ... I prefer the lighter bottom and darker top. 

I have a narrow body - with wide shoulders.  This color arrangement works better for me.  Not every woman has larger hips and thighs!

(In any event - I did order the beige and the yellow ... neither of which is very dark.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I think the price is a little high for this top.  It's an easy pass for me because I would not be wearing it for too long.  Spring is short and then it's hot. Cat Tongue

@Katcat1 

Your so right about spring being short and hot summers are long, especially in Texas....they focus on northen part of the country....what about customers in the south, southwest, and west......

I am so tired of Q designers saying you can wear long sleeves year round....try wearing it when its 100 and humidity just as high....In the Southwest stores and homes dont keep A/C turned down very low due to costs and city conservation efforts and mandates for businesses and stores and movie theaters etc  etc ..thermostats set at 78-80....GET REAL Gary We wear short sleeves sleeveveless tank tops shorts capris and sun dresses....I remember Jane T went to Arizona for a jewelry show she wore a sundress and sandals....

Honored Contributor

@Maloyo wrote:

The dip dye part leaves me meh, as does the french terry.  However, I love long or bracelet length sleeves for the summer.  My office, my local grocery store, subway trains and buses, are so cold in the summer you can see your breath.  

@Maloyo.  If you live in the Southern tier of states, you don't even briefly consider wearing long sleeves regardless of the air conditioning.  The mere idea is repugnant. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Maloyo wrote:

@Maloyo.  If you live in the Southern tier of states, you don't even briefly consider wearing long sleeves regardless of the air conditioning.  The mere idea is repugnant. 

@Kachina624 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif