Regular Contributor

Re: French Terry Dip by D&Co 3/17

Monamar,

That's exactly what I was thinking (wrinkling). Its really cute and I wanted the blue one. However, after seeing the models and Carolyn with this top on, I'll pass. The colored part is nice, but then you get to the white area and its a wrinkly mess. That's just with them pulling and grabbing on it. I can only imagine what mine would look like after sitting and standing off and on all day at work. No thanks. Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's cute.  Sometimes after being outside all day, you know how you can get a chill at night?  Looks like a great beach coverup, too.  Or for boating - nice colors for the boat deck.

I actually do wear long sleeves in summer; it can get over 100 here and it's plenty humid, but I like to shield my arms from the sun.  I find covering up can be cooler than too much exposure.  I generally wear a hat, too.

I thought Carolyn looked good in it, and it pairs well with white bottoms.  I don't need it, but I'd get the bright navy if I were to buy one (though most sizes are sold out in it).

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

I thought the D&Co. TSV was going to be the beach pants. Carolyn and Gary hinted last week they were coming.

Occasional Contributor

Yes...I would of ordered several of these if the white was on the yoke...the first thing that get nasty on my shirts are white cuffs. I DO NOT need a white band at my tummy, other than that it is really cute and I love french terry.

Honored Contributor

Kind of cute, but I don’t like the white being at the bottom. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was nice, but for me, the price is too high.  I think it's priced about $10 too much.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I think the price is a little high for this top.  It's an easy pass for me because I would not be wearing it for too long.  Spring is short and then it's hot. Cat Tongue

@Katcat1 

Your so right about spring being short and hot summers are long, especially in Texas....they focus on northen part of the country....what about customers in the south, southwest, and west......

I am so tired of Q designers saying you can wear long sleeves year round....try wearing it when its 100 and humidity just as high....In the Southwest stores and homes dont keep A/C turned down very low due to costs and city conservation efforts and mandates for businesses and stores and movie theaters etc  etc ..thermostats set at 78-80....GET REAL Gary We wear short sleeves sleeveveless tank tops shorts capris and sun dresses....I remember Jane T went to Arizona for a jewelry show she wore a sundress and sandals....

You know, it really does depend on how much you're going to be outside and the time of day. I live where it regularly reaches 110 for many days during the summer. We try to do our "business" (exercising, errands, etc.) early in the day, then retreat to AC for as much of the rest of the hot part of the day as possible. Yes, I do sometimes wear longer sleeves inside (or a light jacket/sweater), and it is VERY cold in grocery stores, theatres, restaurants, etc. I will say that a long sleeved jacket or sweater might be more useful, as it can be taken on and off if one has to go from outdoors to a colder place. But I believe this is a YMMV issue.

Trusted Contributor

I see this at the beach too.  After swimming, or in the evening as you said.  To me it just shouts summer even with the long sleeves.  

Honored Contributor

I'm always cold, so this will be perfect for those cool beach nights! And I can see myself wearing it to the movies in the summer. I'm 5'3-1/2" but I have a short torso. IDK where the "white" is going to hit on me. At least it's not around my face, so it should work (I don't look good in white around my face - warm complected).  I'm taking a chance on the poppy red and the jade. I'll try them and see how look, but I'm hopeful! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@little lulu wrote:

Yes...I would of ordered several of these if the white was on the yoke...the first thing that get nasty on my shirts are white cuffs. I DO NOT need a white band at my tummy, other than that it is really cute and I love french terry.

@little lulu @Are you gardening in this?