Regular Contributor

Re: Free exchanges are a joke

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Here's how a free exchange works (a la HSN). I go online and look up my orders. I click on the order that needs exchanging.  I organize the exchange in a matter of seconds.  Send back the item that I don't want within a certain specified time point and the exchange ships right away. Easy peasy. 

That is good information to know -- thank you! But is it still true today (since QVC and HSN are both owned by the same corporation)? 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I like the way HSN does it. They ship the item right out and you have 10 or 15 days to get your return back. Then it is on you to do so because if you don't they just bill you for the replacement they send out.

That is the way QVC should do it. I don't even bother with trying to exchange with QVC because I can always bet that by the time they check my return back in that item has aired again and it is gone.

If it is something I REALLLY want, I just order the exchange color, size (whatever) and return the one that I need to exchange back as a regular return and pay the fee.

Once I did it that way and then called C/S to tell them that I was doing that because I was sure what I needed to exchange would hit the air again and it was a popular item so I didn't want it to sell out on me. I asked that my return fee not be deducted, since I was paying for the exchange by ordering the one I wanted and paying the S&H.

She begrudgingly did it after a bit of arguing with me, and then said it was just a courtesy that she did it and I could not do that again as she made note on my account, because doing that was that is not allowed.

She was so condescending I felt like I was 12 and broke a rule. Seemed logical to me but apparently they don't think that.

Valued Contributor

Yes that is how HSN does it. You know if you will get what you want. They ship a new one out immediately & you hae 15 days to get the return out. It's wonderful!

Honored Contributor

HSN as the best exchange policy.  I have asked many times why doesn't qVC do this?  They are always pushing free returns but if it is already sold out chances are if you need to exchange your color or size is already sold out.  It is a complete joke.  

Super Contributor

I tried to exchange a pair of sneakers for a different color. The color I wanted was sold out and YES, they charged me!!

Respected Contributor

@Deb0509 if they charged you for your exchange call CS or notify the Mods to get a refund. If the item you were exchanging for was sold out you should get a FULL refund, as if you never ordered anything.

Valued Contributor

Almost every time I have done an exchange & my size or color wasn't available I had to call customer service to get my return shipping credited. I think people doing returns need to be advised about QVC's policy. Maybe QVC thinks we won't notice!! I check all my exchanges if my item is not available.

New Contributor

in the past month I sent back 2 items (separately) for exchange, in both cases the exchange item was available. I checked day I sent back, a couple other times & day I received the REFUND email. Both were available but refunded not exchanged.

Now to re-buy I wouldbe payingmore for the item plus shipping again.

It is a joke.

I have only successfully exchanged shoes. Must be done in 2 different places. Shoes people know what they are doing, clothing people do not.

Called, chatted to people does no good.

One was Jeans as QCV2 big deal, I chatted to make sure I could exchange at the same price (sale) and was told yes.

Hah, they were refunded.

Honored Contributor

I rarely need to make exchanges, but when I do, as soon as I get my tracking number, I email it to the QVC Social team & they go ahead and send my replacement.  They are a stellar group of peeps!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@PixS - Email the moderators:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Tell them what's happened.  If you still want the items, they will arrange to have it sent to you and refund the return shipping you were charged.

Don't put any personal information here (like order number), but put it in the email to the mods.  They are terrific CS reps.