Esteemed Contributor

Two items I purchased I needed to exchange. One had a defect and the other a different size.  Both had sold out they said so I can’t exchange & have to pay return fees.  The Sperry boots I repaired  myself with shoe goo.  If the tsv LF jeans sell out don’t count on free exchanges. For that reason I’m not ordering.

Respected Contributor

Re: Free exchanges are a joke

@barrel racer, I've had luck with the items I have exchanged, but I certainly understand and appreciate your frustration with the process.  

Trusted Contributor

I haven't had to do that yet and I was wondering how the exchanges worked if the article sold out. They should say free exchanges only if the item is still in stock and then I think you should be able to send it back and they give you a credit on your account for that amount.  That's fair. 

Honored Contributor

I've exchanged a couple of things and been able to get replacements at no extra charge, but I've always wondered what would happen, if they didn't have the replacement I wanted.

A while back on these boards, one of the moderators told another poster that she wouldn't be charged the return (or original) shipping, if the item she wanted wasn't available, when QVC received her return, but I doubted that anyone in the warehouses would think that way.

@barrel racer- You should at least have been able to return the boots at no cost to you and for a full refund, if they were defective.

I admit I'm hesitant now to buy as much, because of the high cost of trying an item of clothing.  And I never order shoes from the Q anymore.

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer I haven't done an exchange before, but their policy states that if the item you want to exchange for is not in stock, a return label fee will not be deducted from your refund.  If they charged you for it, you should contact CS.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 19.22.18.png

Honored Contributor

I don't believe you pay the return shipping it the item is sold out.  Also, you say one item is defective.  You don't pay return shipping for defective items.  You can also ship the non defective item with the detective item.  So in essence it rides along for free.  I'm assuming it's clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@barrel racer I haven't done an exchange before, but their policy states that if the item you want to exchange for is not in stock, a return label fee will not be deducted from your refund.  If they charged you for it, you should contact CS.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 19.22.18.png

@limno

Thank you.  I was looking for the return policy.

Honored Contributor

if an item is defective you never have to pay to return it. you will get a full refund or an exchange.

for exchanges for size or color, if your item is out of stock, you will not be charged a return label fee if you had request an exchange.

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/customer-service.html?type=topic&tid=250700000001337&qq=ft

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Thanks to those who posted the exchange/return policy.  I sent something back for an exchange once and the size I wanted wasn't in stock, so I got charged both return and original shipping.

I didn't know at the time about this and, when I saw the post by a moderator, it was too late really to do anything about it.

They should make it much more transparent to the customer and everyone handling returns should be aware of it.  The customer shouldn't have to do so much work to get the right refund.

Honored Contributor

The exchanges only work to the customers advantage if they indeed have a replacement for you. As far as the defective item, you should have sent that back as defective and you would have owed the Q nothing.