Honored Contributor

So many posters trying to take control of this or that or whatever; i.e. don't read my posts, don't respond to my posts, MYOB; the list goes on and on. It's just exhausting some days.

Trusted Contributor

I've been around forever on these boards-I don't think my stats reflect that but i have and there has always been personal chat in addition to the QVC specific subjects. That's why I love these boards. I think there is more than enough product specific topics. I like the mix.

Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31 I've been on the boards since 2005 and it was never just about the Q and Q related products.  It's much more restrictive now in the topics that can be discussed.

I had an active Etsy shop for more than ten years and they used to have a very active message board.  We could chat about almost anything not just Etsy and business related topics.  There were many heated discussions. 

The year before Covid they revamped the forum and we could only discuss business related topics.  Anything else would get removed......it got very boring and so many left.

The Q forum is much quieter and less active than it used to be.  If they narrow it down any more it would die a slow death.

Valued Contributor

@DebNYC31  Maybe the QVC forums aren't for you. I'm sure you can find other forums to your liking.

Honored Contributor

Re: Forum Topics

[ Edited ]

@DebNYC31 - This is the second thread you've started on this subject.

You were given advice in your first one (07/08; Beauty:  "Blog/Forum Options") about how to limit what you read on these boards or even to check out the Q's Facebook page.

What do you hope to accomplish by posting the same thing again?

The boards are for all the members and aren't limited to what you think should be discussed.

BTW, what does your post have to do with the TSV?  You haven't mentioned that at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Poor Deb.

She's really taking a drubbing. 

Full on pummeling. 

Hang in there Debster!

Honored Contributor

@DebNYC31

These forums are already as bland as warm milk because they've been restricted so much.  

My pet peeve is people thinking they have the right to control what other people write on these forums.

Contributor

I totally agree.  Product information, critiques of products, etc. used to be what the forums were all about.  Now it has become a chat site.  That was very nice of the Q to leave this forum for chatters, but for me I'm not interested in their animals, relatives, vacations, etc.  So no real value for me.

Respected Contributor

@DebNYC31 

From the 118 posts you have made, it seems you are fairly " new " here.  Many posters have been here many thousands of posts more than me....I have been here probably 10+ years.  The variety of topics outside QVC items is what keeps me here.

Posters look for insight and information about things ( events, health issues, losses, etc. ) and usually receive what they seek or best sources to pursue.

Other posters share their talents, be it their environment, their passion, their history, their ability to analyze / create, their empathy, their sympathy, etc.  

Rules can sometimes chafe; however, the moderators try to keep it a " peaceful kingdom / queendom."

This particular " pew " may be the wrong one for you now: there are many others here from which to chose to get your info on QVC brand offerings.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@DebNYC31 

From the 118 posts you have made, it seems you are fairly " new " here.  Many posters have been here many thousands of posts more than me....I have been here probably 10+ years.  The variety of topics outside QVC items is what keeps me here.

Posters look for insight and information about things ( events, health issues, losses, etc. ) and usually receive what they seek or best sources to pursue.

Other posters share their talents, be it their environment, their passion, their history, their ability to analyze / create, their empathy, their sympathy, etc.  

Rules can sometimes chafe; however, the moderators try to keep it a " peaceful kingdom / queendom."

This particular " pew " may be the wrong one for you now: there are many others here from which to chose to get your info on QVC brand offerings.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill