Honored Contributor

@hopi@Thanks I didn't know that the fit bit could do even more.I just got mine for christmas.

i really like the walk through New York idea...going to have to figure out how to set that up

Esteemed Contributor

Have one love it.  And best customer service in the world.  If it falls apart they might just help you even if you have an older model.  They did that for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@hopi@Thanks I didn't know that the fit bit could do even more.I just got mine for christmas.

i really like the walk through New York idea...going to have to figure out how to set that up

@dex

Go to the bottom of the dashboard  on your phone  and  it will stay challenges , friends , account.

Tap challenges it will say adventures and challenges. Tap adventures

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Frankly, that thing would annoy the h3ll out of me. 

Well we do call it the 'snitch bi@@h"

We have family and couple of friends so we can call each other out.

You can make it as private as you want or just share steps or whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Frankly, that thing would annoy the h3ll out of me. 

I'm glad to see I"m not the only person totally uninterested in such a device.  First I'm really not sure how it "encourages" activity.  I'm either going to exercise or I'm not.  Unless a hammer comes out and hits me over the head, wearing this isn't going to change that.  LOL 

Second, I don't want that thing on my wrist.  It would interfer with my pretty jewelry.  LOL 

I bought the leather bands to give it a watch look.  They also have all types  metal bands on Amazon in the all gold colors. 

Honored Contributor

@hopi@Thanks I am walking NYC tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

I want this Fitbit Charge 2.  Dang, I'm trying to talk myself out of it.  I had the Flex first.  I wanted to update it after a year to the Charge HR, so I did.  I gave the Flex to my daughter.  After only about 2 months the Charge HR quit.  I contacted Amazon since that is where I bought it.  They had me send it back (free of charge) and they issued me a refund.  I then bought the Fitbit One.  It is still running strong with no problems.  I just tuck the One in my pocket or in my sock.  Super easy.  I am scared I'm going to wash it in the laundry one of these days.

I would like to have the enhanced features of the Charge 2 even though I really probably don't need them.  LOL  I think the "reminder" to get up would be good, I'd like the regular watch feature too.

Does it vibrate when you get a call?  That would really be good.

Anyway, I'm done rambling.  I'm still thinking.

Honored Contributor

I've had the Fitbit One (which is a clip)for just over three years, and have worn it almost every single day during this time.  Does it motivate me?   Oh yeah!   I have my daily minimum set to 12,000 steps and usually go over.  There are days when I'm under, and I try to get extra steps the next day.  I love that they're constantly adding new features to the app, and I like the adventures, too.  Last week, I did the NYC marathon in three days.  I pushed to get there, but it felt good. 

For some time now, I've been thinking of getting one of the wrist devices.  A friend has an Alta and alternates wearing that with her One.   Now that I know I can switch back and forth (for days I don't want to wear anything on my wrist), I ordered the TSV.   I like that it has all the extra features, especially the heart rate monitor. 

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

I've had the Fitbit One (which is a clip)for just over three years, and have worn it almost every single day during this time.  Does it motivate me?   Oh yeah!   I have my daily minimum set to 12,000 steps and usually go over.  There are days when I'm under, and I try to get extra steps the next day.  I love that they're constantly adding new features to the app, and I like the adventures, too.  Last week, I did the NYC marathon in three days.  I pushed to get there, but it felt good. 

For some time now, I've been thinking of getting one of the wrist devices.  A friend has an Alta and alternates wearing that with her One.   Now that I know I can switch back and forth (for days I don't want to wear anything on my wrist), I ordered the TSV.   I like that it has all the extra features, especially the heart rate monitor. 

@september  I was so on the edge of ordering and your post sent me over!  LOL Good plan to use the One if we don't want to wear it on the wrist.

I do constantly miss messages and occasionally calls if I forget to turn my phone volume back on after silencing it for meetings, etc.  I googled and it vibrates if you have calls and messages.

Now I'm excited! 

Honored Contributor

@mima   Well I actually messaged my friend before I ordered..and she enabled me and told me she still makes use of her first Fitbit, but likes what the newer one does as well. So I ordered.  Another plus....if we lose one, we have a backup!