Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit Charge 2-problems???

My CH2 is NOT catching up with my One.  It is syncing with it.  It is terribly off.  I wore my One today until I had 1,200 steps.   I did not have my CH2 on, so it had 0 steps when I put it on.  It wasn't 15 mintues later with hardly any steps that my fitbits had the same amount. 

The CH2 does not count a huge amount.  I really the the heart deal and the notifications and I can also look on my wrist to see step count.  I think I will just continue to use both.  I really like all the features of the Ch2 except the step count!  Grrrr....

Honored Contributor

@mima  They do sync with each other after a while.   I actually like that, since my One is better at counting steps. Good that the Charge "knows" to add them in.

I am getting about twice as many active minutes now that I'm using the Charge, and I haven't changed my exercise routine.  It looks good on my dashboard, but I know I'm not doing more (so busy this past week......my goal is to do more!)

Trusted Contributor

I am so disappointed with Fitbit. I have had 3 Charge HRs in less than a year because I've had so many problems with them. The good news is their customer service is good, and they have replaced two of my Fitbits since they stopped working. The bad news is their products are garbage. I won't be buying another one ever again, 

Honored Contributor

I swore I'd never do one of these devises but against my better judgement, I bought the Fitbit Flex 2 from HSN.

It's getting packed up and sent back.  I wanted one I could keep on all the time because I take a lot of steps in the morning getting ready.  However, this thing tracked all my arm movements while doing my hair even though I was just standing there and it has way overcounted some of my other steps.

The calories it says I've burned is also laughable.  Yes it came with extra bands but what they fail to tell you is you have to keep moving the snap closure from band to band because the bands only come with one closure.  I'm not exaggerating or lying when I say I took a chunk of polish off one nail and chipped another trying to remove the closure from one band and snap it onto another.   

Trusted Contributor

I loved the Fitbit Charge 2 for the first few days, but then it seemed to be missing a lot of step count.   Really aggravating when participating in challenges!  But the most annoying thing to me was that it stopped tracking my stair climbing.   I live in a 2-story house and make at least 20 trips up and down stairs each day.   For a while the Fitbit seemed to work, but then it stopped tracking the stair climbing all together.

I spent a lot of time on the Fitbit forum, trying all sorts of restarts of the device, re-pairing with the app, etc.   I noted on that forum that there were a LOT of complaints about the Charge 2.   So sadly, I packed it up to return to Q before my 30 days were up.

Today I noticed that Target has the Apple Watch Series I on sale for $199, so I'm going to try one of those.  

Respected Contributor

I am wearing my One and my HR2.  My HR2 syncs when my One syncs with the dongle or bluetooth. If I don't have my bluetooth on or I'm not by my computer (dongle), the HR2 lags way behind.  For instance, MY HR2 vibrated and told me I had 45 more steps to go to meet my hourly goal.  I got up and walked 90 steps before it vibrated and told me I made my goal.   That is really not acceptable.

The points I love is that it does remind me to get up and walk.  It has the vibrating silent alarm.  It keeps track of my sleep pretty accurately.  I can check the time.  It lets me know when my 10,000 have been met without me constantly having to look at it.  These are all things my One does not do. 

If I didn't have the One, I would be very unhappy with it.  So since there are several advantages, I'm going to keep it.  I just wished I could get by with only one device. 

Honored Contributor

I completely disagree that Fitbit products are "garbage" since I've been using one of them for the past four years and it still works perfectly!   This would be the Fitbit One....a clip, for those of you who don't want a wrist worn device.

I got the Charge because of the additional features, and it has its pluses and minuses.  I am going to keep it because I'm paying more attention to the heart rate monitor to try to get myself into the ideal fat burning zone when I exercise.

But I still like the One best for tracking the majority of my daily steps.  I think it's most accurate for that purpose 

Like you, @mima....I'm happy to have both options and if they ever make a new device that combines the best of both...I'll be first in line to buy it!

Respected Contributor

This is my frist Fitbit so I can't compare it to others but I really like it and it's working well.  

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking why not just get a pedometer to track my steps?  I don't really care about my sleep being tracked and there are plenty of free apps to track calories, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

Pedometers work fine for what they are.   I used a pedometer for a few days but honestly it was annoying trying to figure out where to attach it to myself.  If I put it on my waistband or pants pocket, it would occasionally pop off when using the bathroom.  

Then I was forever forgetting to put it on and I would walk half a day and then remember it.   The wrist-worn devices just make it easier IMO.  Plus they are cool, haha.  

I was sad to return my Fitbit but my Apple watch is coming today.   I hope it's not a dud.