Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit Charge 2-problems???

[ Edited ]

@cerb wrote:

I received my Fitbit Charge 2 but haven't been able to use it yet.  It won't sync with my phone, laptop, or desktop computer.  I had to order a dongle in order for it to sync, and the dongle is on backorder from Fitbit and I won't receive it for 3-4 more weeks.  My laptop isn't even a year old and had no problem syncing with my Fitbit Flex, so to be honest, I'm rather annoyed.  

@cerb  If your computer connected to your Flex, it should connect to your CH2.  In order to connect your Flex you would have needed a dongle.  The CH2 uses the same dongle that your Flex did. 

I have had a Flex, One, and the CH2.  They are all using the same dongle.  So if you still have a dongle from your flex it will work.

If you no longer have a dongle, you could order one from Amazon and have it fast.

As far as your phone, what kind of phone do you have?  Is it too old to work?

Just trying to help you!  I would not be willing to wait for a dongle.

BTW, dongle is a hilarious name for an electronics part.  It sounds like it should be a male part to me.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@mima....  You're making me laugh with your dongle comments. I think it's an odd word, too!  I do have one that came with my Fitbit One, but the Charge 2 info says a dongle isn't needed.  

I'm still trying to figure out the pluses and minuses of the two devices I now have.  I made a mistake yesterday when I put a rose gold band for the Charge in my shopping cart at Amazon. Then later in the day, I bought something else, and I now have both items coming to me!  

That might be a sign that the Charge isn't going back!

Honored Contributor

@cerb wrote:

I received my Fitbit Charge 2 but haven't been able to use it yet.  It won't sync with my phone, laptop, or desktop computer.  I had to order a dongle in order for it to sync, and the dongle is on backorder from Fitbit and I won't receive it for 3-4 more weeks.  My laptop isn't even a year old and had no problem syncing with my Fitbit Flex, so to be honest, I'm rather annoyed.  

Wow, I'd be annoyed, too. Especially, like some of us, you've used other Fitbit products and know how the syncing should work. 

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@mima....  You're making me laugh with your dongle comments. I think it's an odd word, too!  I do have one that came with my Fitbit One, but the Charge 2 info says a dongle isn't needed.  

I'm still trying to figure out the pluses and minuses of the two devices I now have.  I made a mistake yesterday when I put a rose gold band for the Charge in my shopping cart at Amazon. Then later in the day, I bought something else, and I now have both items coming to me!  

That might be a sign that the Charge isn't going back!

@september  Thank you for the dongle info.  I didn't read the instructions, so I figured you needed the dongle.  That makes sense since you don't get one with it.  So I wonder why they told @cerb she needed one?  Weird.

I love the auto sleep monitor (whatever you call it), I love the text coming through, I love how it tells you how healthy you are (I'm excellent for my age, LOL). 

My phone was in the kitchen and I was sitting in our open living room watching tv and a text came across to me.  I didn't have to get up!

I also love how it reminds you to move.

Oh, I had mine on all the correct settings and mine is about 5% less than my One.  That isn't too bad.  Plus I realized I rock in my rocker/recliner and I wonder if that adds steps to my One (I wear it in my sock). 

I'm keeping mine too.

I want a leather band for mine too!

Honored Contributor

I need to check my settings because I'm not getting texts on mine.  Almost missed a very important one today while in a meeting.  I had the Charge on and heard a text come through on my iPhone while it was in my handbag.  I made up an excuse to look at my phone and the text was from someone in our group, asking if we would  be meeting today!    Would be nice to just glance at my wrist to see this. 

Something funny just just happened a little while ago.  I didn't think I'd make it to my minimum today, but just got a buzz on my wrist. I looked at the screen and saw fireworks!  Lol...minimum met...not such a bad day after all. 

Super Contributor

I love my charge 2 but it is so inconsisten, yesterday I was getting notifications to move today I am not and my notification is on.  Not sure if there is something I need to do

Respected Contributor

There isn't much talk about these, but I wanted to throw something out there that I think is weird.

My One can say 4,500 steps and my CH2 will say 4,000 steps.  Then in not very long they are exactly the same to the step. 

Last night they were 200 difference and in a little bit there was only 50 difference.

I don't know if they are syncing together or if the CH2 just takes a while to add up?

It's weird.  I googled it and it said not to wear them at the same time.  I think it said it will mess them up, but can't remember the explanation.

Frequent Contributor

I notice that my Charge 2 doesn't seem to be counting all the steps as I walk, but then it will "catch up". 

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing mine for 4 days now and mine isn't missing steps. It does have a little bit of lag (seconds, not minutes) and sometimes the steps update slowly or after I sit down, but it's counting the same number of steps I am.

Honored Contributor

Day 5 for me.   I like being able to see my activity level and steps on my wrist and I love the new rose gold metallic band that I received from Amazon today. 

So we former One users shouldn't wear this and the One at the same time?   How else would I be able to judge if all my steps are being counted?  For example, I had a rather long shopping trip in Target today.  Used a cart, so my hand wasn't moving for most of the time I was in there.  My One registered more than 1000 steps that the Charge didn't during this time.  

I think I'm keeping it...it has its uses but if someone wanted to start out with a basic model, I think the One is the right choice.  I don't even think Fitbit tries very hard to market it anymore.