Honored Contributor

Re: Fitbit Charge 2-problems???

Lol!  I think I'm going to have fun with this...or I'm going to pull it off in frustration!  

I wore  it for about an hour before dinner, then went into my least active time of day.  I felt a vibration on my wrist...that was my cue to get in some steps!  I did and got in the number it wanted and I got a confirmation vibration. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have had mine since December. My son got it for my birthday. I have had no problems. I will when it buzzes you and tells you it is time for a stroll. Also, I get text messages on my fitbit. Have you set up your Dashboard on your phone and computer? I set mine up and it works great. I log in my food everyday and it tracks steps, distance, weight changes. It tells you how many calories you should eat in one day. You can do a light intensity, medium intensity or hard intensity. You decide which one and then it substracts the calories from your total allowed for the day. It varies on how many steps you take per day. Anyway, I really like mine.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

I have had mine since December. My son got it for my birthday. I have had no problems. I will when it buzzes you and tells you it is time for a stroll. Also, I get text messages on my fitbit. Have you set up your Dashboard on your phone and computer? I set mine up and it works great. I log in my food everyday and it tracks steps, distance, weight changes. It tells you how many calories you should eat in one day. You can do a light intensity, medium intensity or hard intensity. You decide which one and then it substracts the calories from your total allowed for the day. It varies on how many steps you take per day. Anyway, I really like mine.

@elated  Have you actually walked and mentally counted your steps to see if your Charge 2 is accurate?  Just curious.  All the other features are great, but I want my step count accurate.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@mima wrote:

@elated wrote:

@elated  Have you actually walked and mentally counted your steps to see if your Charge 2 is accurate?  Just curious.  All the other features are great, but I want my step count accurate.  Thanks!

I walk over 5 miles and I can't mentally count my steps. I just take for granted my fitbit is accurate. If not, I am still losing weight and therefore has helped me.

Honored Contributor

I tested mine a bit today.  Since I already have the One, I think I'm going to continue to use both.  The One counts all my steps.  The Charge doesn't count my steps when I'm walking and my arms aren't moving.  This happened when I went outside to do some raking and yard chores.  Anytime you're carrying something and walking...those steps don't get counted.  So my Charge was about 2000 steps behind what the One showed.  However, once I synced with my iPhone, the Charge caught up with what the One recorded.

Once we have some nice weather and I can go for a long walk, I'm going to not wear the One.  I'll just wear the Charge but I'll compare it to the step counter on my iPhone to compare steps counted.  I think I also have an old fashioned pedometer somewhere...they actually are fairly accurate so I might test it against one of those, too 

Respected Contributor

Update: When I first tested the CH2, it was getting way less steps than my actual count.  However I was only concentrating on walking and counting.  I was not doing any other activities.

Yesterday when I wore my One and my CH2 all day, believe it or not I got about 10% more steps on my CH2.  The only explanation I can see is that it is counting arm movements.  But the count is much closer.  If I am moving my arms, I guess I am still moving!

Today I changed my settings in my Fitbit app and I will see how this goes.  I changed it to say I am left handed and I am wearing it  on my left wrist.  That way it will be less sensitive to my arm movements.  I am wearing both the One and the CH2, so I'll post back and let you know how today goes.

Respected Contributor

I received the Charge 2 two days ago. The first day I wore my Flex and my Charge. They were very close in step count. I like the new features I have. Changing watch bands is a bit challanging.

Honored Contributor

Day 2 for me wearing both the Charge and the One again.  Another rainy day so many of my steps came from doing household tasks or shopping...so once again, my arms weren't moving much of the time and the Charge was behind in steps. 

I have mixed feelings now, about keeping the Charge....the only other thing it does that the One doesn't do, that I care about, is show my pulse rate.  

Respected Contributor

@mima wrote:

Update: When I first tested the CH2, it was getting way less steps than my actual count.  However I was only concentrating on walking and counting.  I was not doing any other activities.

Yesterday when I wore my One and my CH2 all day, believe it or not I got about 10% more steps on my CH2.  The only explanation I can see is that it is counting arm movements.  But the count is much closer.  If I am moving my arms, I guess I am still moving!

Today I changed my settings in my Fitbit app and I will see how this goes.  I changed it to say I am left handed and I am wearing it  on my left wrist.  That way it will be less sensitive to my arm movements.  I am wearing both the One and the CH2, so I'll post back and let you know how today goes.

@september When I changed my setting to say I was left handed and I am wearing it on my left had it made the CH2 less sensitive and I got way less steps on my CH2 than my One again.

I am in daily challenges with other people and I want the step count to be correct.  I guess one if one day it's more and the next it's less, it will average out?

Two of the people that I am in challenges with have the CH2.  I don't know what the other one has.

I'm with you, I don't know what to do.  I put my setting back to how they should be, right handed and wearing on my left.  Since it isn't a weekend, it will be a normal day at work.  I'll see how this goes.

Trusted Contributor

I received my Fitbit Charge 2 but haven't been able to use it yet.  It won't sync with my phone, laptop, or desktop computer.  I had to order a dongle in order for it to sync, and the dongle is on backorder from Fitbit and I won't receive it for 3-4 more weeks.  My laptop isn't even a year old and had no problem syncing with my Fitbit Flex, so to be honest, I'm rather annoyed.