Respected Contributor

Re: Fit-Nation Treadmill TSV 1/29

This looks so flimsy. The last treadmill we bought about fifteen years ago cost $2300. It was well worth the money.
Much better to try a treadmill in the store. You'd be surprised at how much difference there is in the belts and stability. 

Respected Contributor

I was tempted to purchase this item before, and again last night. After reading reviews it was a big NO for me. I'm disappointed, as I'd love to have it for days when the weather is unpleasant for my daily outdoor walks. 

There are lots of problems and complaints reported, with poor CS from Fitnation. It seems some are delighted and don't have issues, but far too many do. I'd probably fall into that group.

I feel it's overpriced for potential problems. It's a very simple treadmill; it shouldn't have that many issues. It should function well for several years, with minimal maintenance. I can't imagine having to box that thing up to send back. 

Btw, read that the 30 day fitness program doesn't even have a walking session. It has multiple other exercises but no virtual walking, or hikes. What? Sold with a treadmill? Maybe it's changed but, maybe not. Now, that's just crazy, if true. 

Trusted Contributor

This treadmill is an accident waiting to happen. Too narrow, too short of a walking belt. If you happen to miss the belt and step on the side, you'll fall and risk a break. Notice how short the strides are of everyone demoing this? They're walking like that for a reason. Look at how dangerously close they are stepping to the front of the belt. Look at how slow the vendor walks. Waste of money, but even worse--dangerous.
Trusted Contributor

Kerstin will be in all her glory as she is presenting any fitness item.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper 

I thought I heard Rick D. say you could adjust the speed on the base of the treadmill, and you can clearly see and UP and DOWN ( plus/minus) sign in the demo when they show the display...

I didn't read the manual, and I do agree it looks pretty economical model....

Actually, QVC has an entry level Total Gym Elite for $200. less than this treadmill that is the better buy in my opinion. You can do cardio on a TotalGym ( JUmping during squats) and so much more muscle stregthening exercises as well....

I have a Total Gym FIT and I LOVE it.....I can lift my car if I had to!!! ( Well, kidding a little,but I am in great shape and I DO use it only 20-30 mins a day...) If I want more cardio, I walk up and down my cellar steps 5 times in a row....but I realize a lot of people cannot do that.

I am 65. I do NOT want to "rust out"...I want to wear out!!!! That TotalGym has been a lifesaver during Covid. I have it set up between two supports in my two car heated garage just a few steps from my computer.....It DOES have a 10 foot footprint so you really have to plan where you'll put it if you get one. And tho it folds up, I never do that)....

Hope anyone who does buy this enjoys it!!

I can't see ANY reviews either today.

Edited: Yes I CAN see them this afternoon and I don't think I'd buy one either ...too many poor reviews....and WHY don't these companies have better service departments? They push this for older people...I can't imagine having to deal with customer service and boxing this thing back up if you're 75 years old and poor shape.....

It's SO risky to buy a heavy item from TV.......Free shipping seems like a deal UNLESS you have to return it on your dime. And then it will cost a LOT more than the shipping QVC quotes, you can bet on that. 

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen This morning the User Manual was listed under the Description, now I don't see it at all.  I believe you can adjust the speed on the base, but not turn it on or off. 

I'm 60 and I use the Leg Master and the FITT Cube daily, plus power walk as long as the weather allows it.  I really want a Hydrow rowing machine one day -- one day. 

I hope everyone who gets the Fitnation treadmill is successful with it and enjoys it.  Just please try to find the manual online.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I'd pay a little bit more and get a wider belt and a less unstable looking model. This one looks very flimsy. Oddly enough it's around the same price as an under the desk model which is a red flag. I got a very nice treadmill, electronic display with incline and speed up to 10 mph for $500 on Amazon. This one won't last a year with regular use. 

Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch   It looks too small - you may want to take a look at the Schwinn ones at Target.  I got one a few months ago for $799 with a $100 gift card with purchase and love it.  I'm on it for 45 minutes just about every day.

You have to assemble it, but its basically just putting the handle on - took me about 30 minutes all by myself.  It would be much easier to have two to help balance the handle while screwing it in, but it wasn't too bad and free shipping. 

It does weigh about 180 pounds, so you may need help dragging it in.  Love it!

They do have one that is around $219 so I would hesitate to get the TSV one due mainly to the size and price. 

Here is the one I got - still showing a $100 gift card with purchase offer.

GUEST_3c8ee78d-a986-43c5-81a3-63ab4b72dd88.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 Thank you. This sounds like a nice treadmill and it's good to see your positive comments. I will definitely check it out.

The weight would be the only concern for me, as I'd likely need some help with it -- and a permanent spot for it. But, I'll see. 

Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I was tempted to purchase this item before, and again last night. After reading reviews it was a big NO for me. I'm disappointed, as I'd love to have it for days when the weather is unpleasant for my daily outdoor walks. 

There are lots of problems and complaints reported, with poor CS from Fitnation. It seems some are delighted and don't have issues, but far too many do. I'd probably fall into that group.

I feel it's overpriced for potential problems. It's a very simple treadmill; it shouldn't have that many issues. It should function well for several years, with minimal maintenance. I can't imagine having to box that thing up to send back. 

Btw, read that the 30 day fitness program doesn't even have a walking session. It has multiple other exercises but no virtual walking, or hikes. What? Sold with a treadmill? Maybe it's changed but, maybe not. Now, that's just crazy, if true. 

@BlueFinch FYI if you are really interested in this type of treadmill look at Amazon.  They have the similar style of treadmill just difference brand names for just over $300 which is much closer to the price I think this treadmill should be.  It is in NO way worth $500 as a sale price.