Trusted Contributor

Re: Fire Light Lab Grown Diamond TSV - November 28, 2023

I have one real diamond tennis bracelet. 

Timeless, classic, never go out of style. 

Believe it or not, I still have some Suzanne Somers trilliant cut tennis bracelets that have held up remarkably well. Fashion jewelry that didn't tarnish...imagine that. 

I do keep them in a treated jewelry armoire though...that may have helped. 

Frequent Contributor

Who on here remembers when QVC had the annual Christmas Holiday Ring? It was in 14kt gold with diamonds and presented in a lovely red box-sigh- sure miss those days!

Contributor

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 12.32.55 PM.png

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love wearing a sparkly bracelet during the holidays. It doesn't really matter if it's diamonds or not and as long as it sparkles then that makes me happy. But in all honesty I prefer Moissanite over anything else when it comes to sparkly stones. Nothing sparkles like a Moissanite.Heart

Regular Contributor

When I saw how high the prices are I wondered what is said about resale. I found several reputable sites that stated lab grown diamonds have no resale value other than the metal value of the setting. While one might be able to sell a piece privately don't expect a jeweler to offer and they said an appraisal will not value such a stone. Of course, they all mentioned that no one should consider the purchase of a diamond an investment as their value are not stable. A real diamond might be sold for max 55% of cost. 

Honored Contributor

Pretty bracelet, but it's almost worthless.  These are lab grown diamond.  Yes, they are real but they might as well not be.  No jewelry store will touch these if you try to resell it.  They might strip the gold off, but nothing for the diamonds.  If you plan  to always keep the bracelet, then you should get it.  But it will be worthless in your estate that you leave behind. I don't know if the companies that make these diamonds will tke them back. Jewelry stores don't sell any lab grown diamonds or gem stones. 

Respected Contributor

Considering that lab grown diamonds don't hold their value, it probably makes more sense to save up a bit longer and purchase genuine diamonds instead.💍

Trusted Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

Considering that lab grown diamonds don't hold their value, it probably makes more sense to save up a bit longer and purchase genuine diamonds instead.💍

100% agree~~~

Honored Contributor

Most people who buy lab diamond jewelry aren't planning on selling it down the road. They buy it b/c of affordability and ethical reasons. 

Honored Contributor

Aside from an engagement that has bad juju, who sells diamonds?  You may re-set them, but I don't think many people sell them.