Frequent Contributor

Re: Files, dead skin, equals ICKY, ICKY & YUCKY too!

Heavens, I worked in a hospital for 47 yrs doing direct patient care... there is nothing that makes me squimish, certainly not some dead skin from my own foot, or anyone elses.  

Honored Contributor

I'm interested so I plan to watch a presentation before the end of the day.

My heals are a mess.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@elated wrote:

HSN had a similar TSV for $29.95.  I think it was a week or so ago.

@elated - Not the same thing.  That set is normal glass files.

The set of 3, 821-697, is similar to the TSV.  Only a set of 3 for $40.95.

Both sets are laser etched glass....same thing.

@SilleeMee - It seems to me that they're saying these are not the same.  I have glass nail files made in the Czech Republic that I bought from QVC years ago (still going strong).

The reference to nano laser etching implies a different technology used to produce these.  (I do realize they are both glass files, however, nano glass is different.)

But what do I know?  If someone is happy with either set, that's all that matters.

@Venezia 

Hsn's files state that they are laser etched. So they are the same technology as what the Q is selling.

Laser etching is different from just plain etched glass. Laser light heats the glass and causes it to melt and then expand to make it have raised points above the surface of the glass. Very little of the glass is lost in the process. Traditional etching is done using either chemicals or sand blast to remove some of the glass so that creates tiny holes in the surface where glass has been removed and glass is lost in the process.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the teal set.  Hope I like them!🤞🤞🤞🤞

I love to be barefoot or as close as possible to it at all times.  I wear flip flops and sandals as often as weather permits and like to keep my feet looking good.   Last night I was thinking my micro plane file is just not doing its best job anymore.  Probably because it is getting older and needs to be replaced.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

The etched glass file is totally different from regular glass files.  I got the 3 piece set from HSN a few weeks ago.  Love it.  Today's set is the same etched glass.  Just be careful cause it will break if dropped!!

Trusted Contributor

I just ordered 3 sets, many for Christmas gifts. This is a pretty good deal. HSN had a similar set, sold out with great reviews. 

file.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Valued Contributor

How does anyone's feet look like that? Is that from not wearing shoes? I never had that problem and I'm 80. I wear socks all the time and lotion up my feet after washing. Cracking like that must hurt.

Respected Contributor

I have a set of these and they work amazing well.
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

You can get a similar glass file for much less on Amazon.....plus no shipping if you have Prime!

ETA: I decided it was time to get myself one and purchased something on Amazon.  It has a handle with a rope to hang in the shower which is where I plan on scrubbing my feet.

@haddon9    I've gotten glass files on Amazon that were such poor quality, they were virtually unusable.  You can't assess the quality until you actually use them.  Maybe buying the most expensive they've got is an assurance of quality?

On the scale of offensive actions, I find exfoliating feet to be very low.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment