Feedback to Programing, Marketing and Website Managers

Please tell your marketing, programming and website tech people to STOP force loading "active" videos and garbage pop-ups through my shopping ATTEMPT! I say attempt because, as result of the impact of this garbage using up my CPU, network bandwidth (which these days in very short supply) and my time, I have run out of time to place my orders (6 of them).

This FORCE FEEDING of unrequested content is NOT appreciated by your customers. The impact of your ctions makes shopping extremely frustrating.

After all, I came to your site because I wanted to buy something, not to have my time wasted and my blood pressure driven up by 20 points. I not kidding your behavior impacts my BP 20 to 50 points. As a six-time heart attack survivor I do not need the extra stress.

If you feel you must push items on me that I did not come to your site to purchase, you should create static right-hand side bar for those products you have contracted with someone else to try to sell me. The side bar should use the minimum download bandwidth and CPU effort to load picture which is link to the ad/motion information. That way, if I am interested in the side bar item, I am asking to invest the extra time and bandwidth.

You are losing customers, especially male customers, by utilizing your current “forced viewing” approach. I would have purchased $300 dollars worth of goods from you this morning, had you not made me so frustrated and angry. You can tell how much your actions have frustrated me, by just look at how much time I invested in writing this feedback instead of making purchases.

Please take the actions required to fix these issues.

Thank you for your assistance in addressing these concerns.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feedback to Programing, Marketing and Website Managers

Just for me, if I had 6 heart attacks and was measuring a 50 point increase in blood pressure, I would consider not coming to this site.  Just saying.....

Honored Contributor

I don't have the pop up problem.  Is it just me?

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I only have the Q card offer slide across my screen once, when I first login.

I get no 'Ads' on QVC at all,  but I have AdBlock+ installed (the free version).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

I am not getting the pop ups either.

Honored Contributor

@getting it right wrote:

Please tell your marketing, programming and website tech people to STOP force loading "active" videos and garbage pop-ups through my shopping ATTEMPT! I say attempt because, as result of the impact of this garbage using up my CPU, network bandwidth (which these days in very short supply) and my time, I have run out of time to place my orders (6 of them).

This FORCE FEEDING of unrequested content is NOT appreciated by your customers. The impact of your ctions makes shopping extremely frustrating.

After all, I came to your site because I wanted to buy something, not to have my time wasted and my blood pressure driven up by 20 points. I not kidding your behavior impacts my BP 20 to 50 points. As a six-time heart attack survivor I do not need the extra stress.

If you feel you must push items on me that I did not come to your site to purchase, you should create static right-hand side bar for those products you have contracted with someone else to try to sell me. The side bar should use the minimum download bandwidth and CPU effort to load picture which is link to the ad/motion information. That way, if I am interested in the side bar item, I am asking to invest the extra time and bandwidth.

You are losing customers, especially male customers, by utilizing your current “forced viewing” approach. I would have purchased $300 dollars worth of goods from you this morning, had you not made me so frustrated and angry. You can tell how much your actions have frustrated me, by just look at how much time I invested in writing this feedback instead of making purchases.

popup blocking add ons easy solve

and yes it's annoying but an easy fix

Honored Contributor

@getting it right wrote:

@getting it right 

It sounds like maybe you have some form of malware on your device or maybe you need an ADBLOCK....I get no ads or active videos...once in a blue moon might get a Q card pop-up but thats rare..... 

Here's from an electronic help site--

When the browser is infected with malware, your homepage or search engine might change without your consent, or you'll see pop-up ads and unwanted advertisements not originating from the sites you are browsing. The most common types of browser infections are: browser hijackers, malicious extensions and adware.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I second the malware train of thought. I’d run a virus scan. I see no pop ups period.
Respected Contributor

I use the app and never have this problem.