Frequent Contributor

Re: Faux leather bench/cubes: am I the only one that thinks $6 off is not much of a deal?

You're not kidding.  $6 off is not much of a deal.  Plus you have to pay $7 for shipping on EACH of these ottomans.  If I buy 4 of these, it'll be $28.00.  No thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Faux leather bench/cubes: am I the only one that thinks $6 off is not much of a deal?

I love storage ottomans and have a couple of the long ones in my house.  I wouldn't want to be without them.

I looked this item up and, honesstly, it looks awfully cheap and junky.   When I saw the price I was suspect because they cost more than the $40 (or something like that) price tag.

I spent a bunch of time just looking at the pictures and was easily able to see that they are not going to be very integrous.  I'm thinking about replacing my old living room one, which is why I looked.   I would rather pay more for something more sturdy and durable.

If you have men, dogs, or kids in the house something that flimsy is just not going to hold up.

Honored Contributor

TSVs are never that great of a bargain. They are generally less than 20% off.

I have one of these storage items from VPH.  Mine is a faux suede and I bought it a number of years ago. 

I have a lot of older musician's magazines my DH won't part with so I put my ottoman in the corner of my family room and put all his magazines in it.  Then we have our laptop computer sitting on top.

No it's not the best, most sturdy thing but I got mine from as-is so it was super cheap and works for what I needed it for. 

Respected Contributor

@Angie168 wrote:

You're not kidding.  $6 off is not much of a deal.  Plus you have to pay $7 for shipping on EACH of these ottomans.  If I buy 4 of these, it'll be $28.00.  No thanks!

@Angie168  You'd only pay $28 in shipping if you bought 4 sets of the cubes.  The shipping is $7 for a set of 2 cubes (or one bench).  But you're not buying anyway, so I don't know why I'm writing this.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I suppose it's relative.  Might not be a big deal to you but huge savings to someone else.  I actually own two sets of these and I love them.  But....I bought mine on clearance and I paid half the amount. 

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

For those familiar with these, how muck weight will they hold?  I could also use them to store extra blankets and linens.

Bingo!  I have a black velvety set in our bedroom for extra bedding and I have an ivory set (same color as the walls) in our dining area.  I store tablecloths,placemats, napkins, for the dining  in one and I keep dishtowels, potholders etc in the other one.  Our condo is a decent size but it's always nice to have a little extra storage.

Esteemed Contributor

I was going for taupe and brown,  But I think I'd like more of a contrast.  I'm a neutral kind of person.  What do any of you suggest?  Brown and cream?

Also, for the cheaper ones at Home Goods, etc....can they hold 200 pounds standing on them?

As for the $6 off...TSV's are typically priced around 20% less than the QVC price.  So this is a little less than 20%.  Still not a bad price.

Now...about the contrasting color suggstions.  Please.  And thanks in advance.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I was going for taupe and brown,  But I think I'd like more of a contrast.  I'm a neutral kind of person.  What do any of you suggest?  Brown and cream?

Also, for the cheaper ones at Home Goods, etc....can they hold 200 pounds standing on them?

As for the $6 off...TSV's are typically priced around 20% less than the QVC price.  So this is a little less than 20%.  Still not a bad price.

No way you'd want the red and taupe?  I love those colors.  LOL  If you insist on 2 neutrals, I'd do the brown and cream. 

I didn't even think about these for storing extra sets of sheets.  But I'm not sure how well they would work for that because the extra sheets I'd want to put in them are king size sets of those soft and cozy sheets that are rather thick. 

Not sure where I'd put a bench but that's probably really what I would need. 

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

For contrast I would go for brown and cream.  I also think the brown and light blue would look good together.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva and @twinsister.  I did decide on brown and cream.  Did have taupe and brown...drab.

Love the red, but it would be lonely here.  Brown and light blue together sounds good.  But I know I'd tire of it.

I'm looking forward to getting these.  In my mind, they're already filled! Smiley Very Happy

Keepin' it real.