Valued Contributor

Re: Faux leather bench/cubes: am I the only one that thinks $6 off is not much of a deal?

Once again - not every one has a ross/home goods close. I would have to drive about 200 miles one way and even with cheap gas prices it would be $30 and an entire day if they were in stock. Probably lunch too.
Honored Contributor

Re: Faux leather bench/cubes: am I the only one that thinks $6 off is not much of a deal?

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Cannot imagine anyone wanting such a thing....odd, just more junk for your junk.

They're not for junk. That's your own faulty interpretation. I have two similar items at the foot of my bed and they hold my bed linens and pillows. That frees up space in the bedroom closet (I don't have a linen closet in my apartment) and gives me a place to sit or a place to set things down. 

My friends keeps board games in one in her living room, so they're out of the way when no one is using them, but easy to pull out when people come over for games. And they also function as an extra coffee table, seating, or foot rest.

Storage ottomans are very useful.

Honored Contributor

@ballyk wrote:
Once again - not every one has a ross/home goods close. I would have to drive about 200 miles one way and even with cheap gas prices it would be $30 and an entire day if they were in stock. Probably lunch too.

I feel like there are a lot of people here who have zero understanding of how anyone else lives and can only see everything within their own small frames of reference.

"If I don't like it, no one else could possible see value in it."

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda - brown and cream is a great choice - enjoy them!  I have severall ottomans and two benches all over my home.  They come in handy for bedding, towels, spare hangers, scarves.  I also use them as plant holders for large potted plants.  Guess you can tell I love them!    

I just ordered another bench in brown to go with my brown ottomans.

Valued Contributor

Not that I am buying but I like the red and cream.   Taupe looks too dingy.  I would definitely get cream over taupe. JMHO.

Respected Contributor

I keep all my dog toys in mine I like them.

Honored Contributor

@Angie168 wrote:

You're not kidding.  $6 off is not much of a deal.  Plus you have to pay $7 for shipping on EACH of these ottomans.  If I buy 4 of these, it'll be $28.00.  No thanks!

Exactly! THIS was my point. I think the idea is a great one and the price isn't a bad either. BUT... it's only a few dollars LESS than the every day price on QVC and the shipping for multiples makes it... well.. not a great deal.

THAT was what I was talking about.

Contributor

These ottomans are great!

I live in a one bedroom apartment without enough closet space so I'm always looking for ways to reduce clutter. I purchased two sets of the ottomans several months ago - they were the slightly smaller size and without the extra $3 off on the second set but each ottoman cost around $20 with shipping. (A similar storage ottoman at the Container Store covered in fabric was $40 EACH and would be very difficult to keep clean.)

I put one set in the living room and one set in the  bedroom. The faux leather doesn't feel cheesy and, while I wouldn't fill them with books and try to lift them, they are very sturdy. I was so pleased I ordered several of the benches this week when they came back as a TSV. My only complaint is that I'd like a darker (navy) blue.

Esteemed Contributor

Hey, just wanted to check in and say that I LOVE the cubes and bench I ordered!  I don't think they mentioned there's no zipper in the bench.  Trying to figure out...why in the smaller cubes but not in the bench.  Oh well...

I ended up with taupe and cream.  It's a nice but not severe contrast.  The taupe bench really isn't dull looking and it does look nice with the cream cubes.

I hope everyone who ordered is as pleased with theirs as I am with mine. Woman Happy

Keepin' it real.