Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faux-Leather Jacket 9/17/18

@Spurt wrote:

This is all I can think of.....

Image result for bear in a tutu

--------------------

Exactly!!  Perfect image link to my post about the jacket looking like a short tutu!!

Contributor

How interesting to read in these comments that I'm not a "real woman." Then what am I?

Oh and I don't like the jacket either.
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper@I bet the waist isn’t in the right spot for her so she felt like it was creeping up on her body.

@dex  Could also have to do with the bosom size, either pulling or easing!  Looks terrible on the full-busted women!

Honored Contributor

I actually prefer faux if it's a good fabric and well designed jacket. This jacket falls short for quite a few, I would think. I think if you are slim and do not have anything spare going on around the middle, you can get away with this style. Of course, it's a resounding NO, for my body type at this point.

Contributor

This jacket looks so tight and uncomfortable on most of the hosts and models.  Who wants to look like five pounds of baloney in a three pound bag?

Respected Contributor

I agree with many of the posters. This jacket works well for slim or busty women, since the peplum adds curves to the bottom. It doesn’t work for me because of my pear shape. But I think if you have straight or apple shape, it looks really cute.
Respected Contributor

First of all, I don't wear jackets.  I hate them so this was an easy pass for me.  I was watching a presentation earlier and looking at the size availability chart they were running at the bottom of the screen, most of the plus sizes in many colors had sold out and smaller sizes were still available.   I noticed that some of the larger models were wearing longer tops under the jacket and it appeared the jacket was at least one size too small.  Just not a style that flatters me.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a faux leather Gili jacket last year.It’s beautiful & everyone thinks it’s real. It’s soft & buttery.It has zippers that when opened creates a peplum & when closed looks like a regular jacket.

This jacket is a big no for me.The “leather” looks like heavy cheap plastic.The peplum looks too big & would add to places I don’t need to add to.Lol!!

Occasional Contributor

QVC what were you thinking? Whoever passed this off to be a TSV . . . I so do not agree. Totally not flattering at all. JMO!

Respected Contributor

Wow, huge, vibrant loud flowers on tops and pants.  I have friends of all ages and no one I know dresses like that.  

I guess it’s for city girls who go out fancy a lot?  Idk.  Even when I go out to nice dinner with hubby weekly, I never see anyone dressed so fancy... People are more casual these days-

How about where you all live?