Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faux-Leather Jacket 9/17/18

Mary looked terrible in that jacket. It was so tight on her arms.  As others have said,why wear a jacket that's way too small? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Did anyone notice they didn't have any plus size models wearing this jacket. Jackie was in a size 14 and it was tight in the back.  They never fully described the jacket, i.e. zippered pockets, insert in sleeve and zippers on the sleeve. Very poor presentation for customers to have a proper perspective. I noticed many of the larger sizes (18 - 28) were selling out. How can you buy a jacket without seeing it on a plus size model. They really need to discuss the item and not all their stories.

@elated

Im a medium and that's always a big clue for me when I only see XXS and S models out there!!!

And these QVC designers will never learn that these short pepblum jackets and tops are not flattering beyond those sizes either!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Similar design was done LAST YEAR over on HSN in leather by IMAN and another designer in faux (but it looked REAL). Neither sold well. The returns were quite high. You can still buy them both at a steal. 

This jacket looks great on Jill on the QVC web site front page but horrible during the am show. What happened?! Probably photo-shop.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Girlboss wrote:

A definite “no” on the jacket.  Makes me claustrophobic to look at the models wearing it on tv.  Just saw the leggings with the pearls...what are they thinking???  This clothing line is an epic fail in my opinion.  

@Girlboss

And making Jill Martin the presenter/designer was a Huge mistake.(her voice is not pleasant to listen to)..Read her bio her career was as a long time NY sportscaster, and some station started having her talking about fashion, and someone authored a book on fashion and she added a few tidbits so now she's a co-author and an "expert" in design and fashion...LOL...Woman Frustrated Woman Tongue

Personally I think they hired her so QVC gets an occasional mention and free publicity on the nationally broadcast Today Show............

Since it was Lisa's line they should have stopped it when she left...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

D90E1AE1-9750-4A2C-88C3-CB139DBAA476.jpegNaughahyde.  Remember that stuff from the 70’s. They used to make furniture with it. 

Seriously funny......and so on point!!! 👎

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good call!!  They missed this one not light years!!  

Opps....should say “they missed this one BY light years”!!!  

Honored Contributor

This is all I can think of.....

Image result for bear in a tutu

Honored Contributor

Interesting to read all of your replies.  When is this woman going to design for an average woman's body?  Not a size 2 or 4 but real women.  This whole line is a NO for me.

kindness is strength
Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

@forsythia1

This outfit is not "an accident waiting to happen", it Already did. 

Good call!!! 🤭.   They missed with this jacket by light years!!!🙄

Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

This is all I can think of.....

Image result for bear in a tutu

Well, this jacket is good for something.....it sure has brought a sense of humor out in many of you!!!  😂🤣😂🤣