Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Day 8/5 Issac TSV

I liked the jacket but it would be too short on a woman 5'8 1/2. It would look like I outgrew it.

Trusted Contributor

I don't get these hosts.  They act as if wearing a 6 or 8 is shameful. Actually, the number doesn't matter - it's how it fits.  Jane said she normally takes a size 2 in jackets if they don't hit her hips.  I'm very small on top - not an extra small in the B&M stores, but usually a small.  I would never order this jacket in a 2 or 4.  I would probably decide between a 6 and 8.   

Denial!

Honored Contributor

Long body, long arms, short legs, ( think Magilla Gorilla) so not for me, but I think it's SUPER CUTE. Hope you lucky purchasers look divine in it!

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

SHAME ON YOU, IM - NO PETITES!!!

@eddyandme Agree!  Petites are few and far between ,  I need petite in clothing as well.  So etimes can make it work ,  but in jackets and coats not so easy need to have altered.

I'm waitlisted for the chestnut. If I don't end up getting it, I won't be sad. I'm 5'2" (on a good day) and was looking carefully at the length of the sleeves. I think the lining is gorgeous, so I would probably wear it with the cuffs rolled up to show off the lining, anyway. 

Respected Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

I don't get these hosts.  They act as if wearing a 6 or 8 is shameful. Actually, the number doesn't matter - it's how it fits.  Jane said she normally takes a size 2 in jackets if they don't hit her hips.  I'm very small on top - not an extra small in the B&M stores, but usually a small.  I would never order this jacket in a 2 or 4.  I would probably decide between a 6 and 8.   

Denial!

@misschristy  -  I was thinking the same thing.  I'm a 6/8 on top, thin boned, thin arms, 36B and would buy the 6 or 8, not a 2!  Jane is bigger than me and don't know how she'd wear a 2.  I'd want it fitted, want to be able to zip it and wear something light underneath, and be comfortable.  I wish the hosts would show the jacket zipped on them too, not just opened.  If you can't zip it, or it's pulled so tight it looks like the zipper is going to pop, they're wearing the wrong size.  

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

Denial!

I watched the first presentation last night with Jane.  Maybe my TV is different, but Jane said she was wearing a size 4 and she zipped it up to show a slim fit,  she said she could also wear a size 6 and tried that size on too and zipped it up.

She said she was showing the different fits between her usual size and going up size.  Because of the stretch she said most people could choose how they would like the jacket to fit and order accordingly.

I never heard Issac say the size 6 was the better fit as another poster stated or Jane saying she wore a size 2.

I hope my TV is not on the blink.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@misschristy wrote:

Denial!

I watched the first presentation last night with Jane.  Maybe my TV is different, but Jane said she was wearing a size 4 and she zipped it up to show a slim fit,  she said she could also wear a size 6 and tried that size on too and zipped it up.

She said she was showing the different fits between her usual size and going up size.  Because of the stretch she said most people could choose how they would like the jacket to fit and order accordingly.

I never heard Issac say the size 6 was the better fit as another poster stated or Jane saying she wore a size 2.

I hope my TV is not on the blink.

Isaac said the 6 fit better. She zipped the 4 but when she turned around the back was too tight. Maybe you just need to listen. Also, the size 4 was way too tight unless you want to look like a stuffed sausage.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme Agree!  Petites are few and far between ,  I need petite in clothing as well.  So etimes can make it work ,  but in jackets and coats not so easy need to have altered.

Shouldn't matter with this jacket, it's very short and it has a lovely designer lining, so it can be cuffed.  I don't like hip short jackets or moto ones so I don't care for it.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

I guess they think because the jacket is short it will fit the petites, but the sleeves are going to be way too long.

That's why they are showing it with the sleeves turned back.....they think of everything...lol

Esteemed Contributor

I need to purge my 2 closets before I buy any Fall clothes.....but because of my chronic arthritis pain, I no longer have the energy to do so....it's just too overwhelming for me.....I called my 13 year-old precious granddaughter and asked her if she would help me...she was so ready to help....brought me to tears...but then again everything brings me to tears lately....what my granddaughter doesn't know is that I have a few other chores for her to help me with....i love her.....and I will reward her generously!  Thanks for listening......