Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Faroe Island Salmon 10 pc Premium Salmon Filets

[ Edited ]

Just got my order of Faroe Island Salmon Filets Egg Harbor 10 pieces...

It was well packed and frozen rock solid...but there are SIXTEEN filets in the box!!!

I wonder if it's sold by weight and not per piece?

All OK, they are nice size, all the same size, and I hope they are good!

Are they a Rastelli product? I panned the order I got of the supposed "rib eyes" from a few weeks ago...they were NOT ribeye and got a lot of really poor reviews. I got a refund.

But I always say let's try again and ordered the salmon. So far, so good, look great, but wh sixteen pieces?

Just realized these were not a TSV, so if this is the wrong place to post, please move it! I think it was a one time only special price.

Anyone else get theirs today?

And I was charged for just the one order. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Faroe Island Salmon 10 pc Premium Salmon Filets

We buy excellent salmon that comes frozen in individual portions and is caught and processed from Alaska and shipped from there.  It arrives frozen solid even in July.

I have not yet paid $30 a pound for it.  It is from a Great Alaskan company and someone this board recommended it many years ago. 

Regular Contributor

What a nice surprise.  You may be right; they may be sold by weight.  If not, you got a bonus!  I've been on A/D for the 4 oz. filets for about a year.  In fact, I just had one for supper tonight.  I usually prepare them in my air fryer, but tonight I decided to try my Cuisinart vertical rotisserie and it turned out absolutely delicious.

I believe that Egg Harbor is Rastelli's seafood division.  The important part is that the salmon is sourced in the Faroe Islands.  They are known to be one of the best regions for salmon.  Enjoy your salmon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please google 'Faroe Island Dolphin Slaughter', you may change your mind about buying from this region.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

What a nice surprise.  You may be right; they may be sold by weight.  If not, you got a bonus!  I've been on A/D for the 4 oz. filets for about a year.  In fact, I just had one for supper tonight.  I usually prepare them in my air fryer, but tonight I decided to try my Cuisinart vertical rotisserie and it turned out absolutely delicious.

I believe that Egg Harbor is Rastelli's seafood division.  The important part is that the salmon is sourced in the Faroe Islands.  They are known to be one of the best regions for salmon.  Enjoy your salmon!

_

I believe that Egg Harbor is the seafood division of Rastelli's.

I also had a bad batch of the Rastelli's ribeye. I've had some that were excellent, but lately there has been too much gristle.  Their fillets, kobe-style burgers, and coulotte steaks are wonderful though!

Enjoy your salmon!  Aldi had wild-caught salmon on sale this week and I snagged a nice piece. 

Respected Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 

oops, I thought I had quoted the OP

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have anything to do with the Faroe Island.  They actively kill whales and dolphins.  It's a yearly slaughter ritual there. 

Super Contributor

I did not know that about dolphins and whale slaughter....but now that I do, I guess I won't order again.

I will not Google it....because I can not STAND to read about or see pictures of cruelty.

I guess you have to check everything today before you buy.

I wrote to IBM, who owns The Weather Channel website, about their totally offensive side bar ad showing a mother and baby whale being hauled up into the hold of a processing ship..one of the most disgusting ads I've ever seen.

I got a boilerplate response, no further action, and that horrible ad is STILL on the site, though only occasionally, so you never know when you'll be assaulted by it when to tune iin to check the weather.

I hate cruelty of any kind, but DO enjoy meat and chicken that I know is also killed in horrible ways. I try not to think about that. 

Those terrible fires in the west break my heart too...for the people who lose homes and livelihoods, and the poor creatures that can't outrun a painful death..

I live on the edge of a National Forest here in PA, and I thank God every day it's so green and pretty and full of creatures....I would be devastated to watch it burn...We've had the opposite problem here...too much rain.

I would prefer too much rain to drought. Drought is death.

Super Contributor

See my first post...Been wondering all day about getting 16 fillets of salmon in a box where I expected and paid for 10 6 oz servings...

This is a Rastelli product.

I requested and got a refund and wrote a scathing review of Rastelli's alleged "rib eye steaks"...I wonder if I was "comped" the extra 6 salmon fillets as a gesture of goodwill?

Hardly seems likely but I'm still thinking about the surprise of getting 16 fillets in a box when I ordered 10.

What do you think? They are all the same size....at first I thought maybe they sell by weight, but the QVC presentation states a dozen times that these cuts are from the center of the fillet where they can get a 6 oz piece. I will see what they weigh on my food scale before I eat them 10 at 6 oz each should weigh 60 total ounces. 

Gotta think about something else!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tomgirl  There is no justification for the yearly activity on the Islands.  They claim to do it because of food, but dolphin and whale meat is notoriously unappealing to eat.  And they can certainly get alternative meat.  Many countries have tried to stop this practice, but it continues every year.