Super Contributor

@Venezia 

This has been an interesting conversation. I just happen to catch it because of being on AD for my MIL who loves popcorn more than anybody I've ever met in my life!

Given allergies and people wanting to eat clean nowadays, you'd think when they say "butter" they mean butter. I guess if you want genuine popcorn, you'll have to fix it yourself on the stovetop with the ingredients fresh from the kitchen. I do hope you can get your order cancelled at this point.

It's amazing because back in August of 2019 I actually remember David presenting this popcorn and saying that it's about $1 per bag!

Let me know what they say, if you hear back. I'm not on the boards a lot or post a whole lot but am in and out.

Stay well!
@Venezia wrote:

@Posh Poodle - I just watched David do the final presentation and it seemed to me he was obviously making a point of clarifying that this would be the "lowest price for the year" for this product.  I suspect someone has pointed out the misinformation in previous presentations.

I tried to cancel my order after seeing that there was no butter listed in four of the five flavors in the combo, along with the misleading pricing information, but I doubt it will go through.  If they ship it, I'll keep it, but likely cancel the A/D.  David and the vendor kept talking about the butter in this popcorn, so that's also misleading, now knowing it's palm oil.

I did email and will let you know what I hear back, if anything.  Not sure what can be done at this point but I still felt it was worth bringing it to their attention.

(ETA:  I've just noticed that they've replaced the earlier video for this item with David's presentation.  So someone must really be listening!)

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the small bags last fall and was very disappointed. Their claim of virtually no hulls was the main reason I placed the order. Unfortunately, that popcorn was full of hulls. Never again!

Super Contributor

@Venezia 

My MIL Farmer Jon's order is being prepared for shipment. So I guess they are able to provide for this particular AD batch. Thank goodness. She told me she has 4 bags left!

Honored Contributor

@Posh Poodle - My attempt to cancel didn't work.  I think I've discovered how to get your item shipped super-fast.  Tell them you want to cancel!

I should have it either tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll see what it's like.

I sometimes wonder about the A/D with food items.  I'm still waiting for a shipment of Just Bagels that should've shipped the week of April 5th.  Same thing happened with the previous A/D shipment; was over two weeks late.  I think the vendors may take on more than they can reasonably handle with these TSVs and the customer gets left waiting.

BTW, no reply to my email about this issue, but I'm not surprised.

Frequent Contributor

Awhile ago I ordered the Hoffman fudge that Mary Beth Roe was raving about, it was. the worst fudge I have ever eaten. I got a refund. I really don't like when the hosts go overboard about a product that is mediocre or below. When she presents a product I am leery of her opinion 

Super Contributor

@Venezia 

Let me know how this batch tastes, especially if you got the variety pack. I feel like I've earned a new forum friend amidst all this popcorn discussion!

The next food item I'm interested in is the Rastelli TSV coming the 28th, I believe. Last year, we purchased the kobe beef burgers, and they were delicious! No grissle at all and a nice rich flavor. My husband loved them! So I'm hoping for a good special next week from them. Depending on the type of meat, may go on AD as well.

Super Contributor

@shellwwwwww 

It's so tough to judge flavor over the TV, isn't it! It's definitely a risk for sure. The only host I'd bet money on when it comes to food would be David.

Respected Contributor

Re: Farmer Jon’s

[ Edited ]

I tried these about 2 years ago and they are just okay in my book.  I don't like alot of butter or salt on my popcorn and I am now buying "Skinny Pop with sea salt" popcorn.  It's at my local Kroger's grocery and I love the taste. 

Honored Contributor

@Posh Poodle wrote:

@Venezia 

Let me know how this batch tastes, especially if you got the variety pack. I feel like I've earned a new forum friend amidst all this popcorn discussion!

The next food item I'm interested in is the Rastelli TSV coming the 28th, I believe. Last year, we purchased the kobe beef burgers, and they were delicious! No grissle at all and a nice rich flavor. My husband loved them! So I'm hoping for a good special next week from them. Depending on the type of meat, may go on AD as well.

@Posh Poodle - Having read some of the reviews for this latest batch of Farmer Jon's, I decided I'd better try it straightaway.

I'm sorry to say, it's nothing like the popcorn I got before.  I tried the Movie Theater version.  Same microwave; it looked like the cheapest store bought popcorn.  Not only that, it was full of hulls; I had to have some water and rinse after I ate it.  I don't know how they got those nice, fluffy looking bowls on air, but mine was nothing like that.

I'm going to cancel my A/D and see about returning it.  I hope your MIL has better luck.  I'm surprised at how different this is than what I got in the past.

Super Contributor

@Venezia 

I'm sorry the TSV popcorn you ordered didn't measure up like the ones before. And the hosts made a big point of filling and re-filling those bowls ad nauseum with puffy, delicious, hull-free popcorn, didn't they?

Well, I hope my MIL's batch is in keeping with what she's used to. Hers will arrive Saturday.

Maybe the fields of Iowa haven't been so friendly with their corn lately? I'd have to ask my aunt who lives up there on a farm if there's anything amiss.