Contributor

Eyeing the Bissell AirRam vacuum

I've been looking a this vacuum for quite a while and have seen several presentations on YouTube as well as on QVC's sister channel.  I will say that by comparison QVC's on air presentations have been sub par which leaves a lot of questions unanswered.  I would suggest that if you're not sure about this purchase, do check out other video presentations.  I did go ahead and make the purchase based on the the discounted price, here, and the great reviews elsewhere.  None of the presentations, thus far, have even mentioned the filtration system and how to clean it located within this vacuum which in my opinion is a really important feature that should be included in the discussion of it's features (I'm not talking about how to empty the dust bin).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eyeing the Bissell AirRam vacuum

I do not have a need or want for this item, but I was watching the presentation last night, and it was subpar. A few times the host went to vacuum items (for example coffee grinds) and the vacuum did not pick everything up, the camera hurriedly moved away, but a lot of the grinds just went into the cracks or the tile grout.

Another demonstration, the host dumped what the unit had picked up on a carpet square, and went to vacuum it up. It picked it up, but there was a horrible stain on the carpet. Once again the camera hurriedly moved on to another shot. If I was going to purchase, those two examples of this product would have turned my decision into a  Hard No.

Honored Contributor

I was going to order, but there are many one star reviews for the same product on the HSN site.  So I think I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the fact that it has no capacity for using tools.  To me, they're indispensable.  I spend as much time using tools as I do vacuuming floors so I wouldn't consider this machine 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had the Air Ram for at least 3 years. A great purchase! Lightweight, easy to store, pretty quiet and great price for the quality. I remove my battery to charge it- it's charging right now. I can plug into any outlet in the house- convenient.  Great if most of your floors are hard surface, as mine are. My second floor is carpeted and rarely used; I keep my wonderful 20 year old Miele up there. The only negative I can think of is there are no tools. If you have a small, hand-held vac to do stairs, sofa, etc. that would be good.

I bought mine at BB&B.com using their 20% off coupon and received it in just a couple of days. Do check the QVC price against them. With the ability to try the Air Ram out until the end of January, it's probably a Buy.

Esteemed Contributor

I have both a stick and an upright.

A stick should have attachments and also break apart.  Can then be used as a handheld and also as a long wand.  W/WO attachments.  So very useful.

Respected Contributor

I was really interested until I saw the presentations. I need it to pick up strewn cat litter and cat food. Based solely on the amount of debris left behind after each swipe, I am going to pass.
Esteemed Contributor

I bought this product a couple of years ago and it works very well. Light weight, easy to use, empty and recharge. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if something happened to this one. It's to bad the presentation wasn't up to par because some chose not to buy. I use it on tile, carpet and wood floors for quick pickups. It's not intended to be used as the only vac, but for what it's intended to do, works great for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I bought this product a couple of years ago and it works very well. Light weight, easy to use, empty and recharge. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if something happened to this one. It's to bad the presentation wasn't up to par because some chose not to buy. I use it on tile, carpet and wood floors for quick pickups. It's not intended to be used as the only vac, but for what it's intended to do, works great for me. 

@mspatmac, thanks for your input.  It's been very valuable to me.  I did not watch the full presentation - guess I'm not the only one who thought it left a lot to be desired.  Being light weight, it would be useful for me to pick up dog hair and the usual kibble/cookie spills.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I would never buy this machine because it has no tools.  Too $$$ for a quick vacuum floor clean up!