Honored Contributor

Re: Evine over charges for shipping

@Bigbear52 wrote:

There shipping is high. They also charge shipping on food items. QVC food items are usually always free S&H 

Not to be picky but isn't the s/h included in most of the food items, not free?  I don't buy food from QVC or anywhere but anytime I've seen it presented, it always says s/h is included.  There is a difference between that and it being free. 

Frequent Contributor

I returned an item, decided to PAY for shipping myself.  Evine had a way to keep a portion of my refund saying "my state required I pay tax on the shipping charge".  I now limit my spending with them!!

Contributor

Unfortunately, I cannot drive as my license was taken away when I suffered loss of left vision due to a stroke.  The nearest mall to me is 100 miles away and I have to depend on someone to take me to shop.  I do most of my shopping online and let them deliver it.  Most shopping is done when I get free shipping but will pay a reasonable amount if it is something I really want or need.  Evine is way out of range with their shipping charges on multiple items.  I want to purchase the top value in multiples but shipping would cost too much for me.  If I wait for a free shipping offer, the price will have gone up.  They really need to look at their shipping charges, especially during the holiday season.

Honored Contributor

Easy fix. Consider the shipping and handling in the cost of the item. You'll be surprised that you're still saving money when you compare it to other retailers; evine prices are very competitive
Honored Contributor

I think you guys are forgetting that these low shipping costs on HSN and QVC are relatively new. I still remember attempting to purchase a clearance item on HSN for less than $20 only to discover the shipping was almost 9 bucks! If evine follows suit, lowering their shipping, it will be quite the coup
Contributor

I have already said something on this matter but I will say one more thing .They all over charge for shipping I bought socks last week from qvc and I paid 5.00 each of them there was 2 sets of 2 so I paid 10.00 for shipping.They came in the same box.Thats just way to much money dont know way I did it but I did.Never will again.

Respected Contributor

FYI - Evine has a code for Free Shipping for all Beauty, Fashion, Jewelry and Watches for Cyber Monday - valid until 11pm ET November 29th.

Esteemed Contributor

invicta Invicta Invicta.........yikes!

Respected Contributor

Evine over charges with their shipping ....Yes they do.

QVC deducts the original S&H charge from your refund, as well as also deducts the $ for using their prepaid USPS/Newgistics s&h return label.......Yes they do.

(This always benefits them, not the Members in the long run).

Also the very long wait for Newgistics to go to USPS and take all the QVC packages back from postal which have the USPS/Newgistics prepaid return s&h labels on them, then they get on a slow boat and make it to Newgistics sorting locations, where Newgistics will place the QVC returns on individual slow boats and route the returns to each individual QVC warehouse location........and after that long wait then you have to wait to have QVC issue the return credit refund and receive email notification.

The bottom line of thought is best to ensure what is being ordered to give as Holiday gifts will be 100% accepted.

Also praying that no unforeseen defects, or missing accessories are evident, and that no pre-used items returned from wait listed items and are shipped out as new....and ensure what is being gifted will be happily accepted by the gift recipient and kept, with no dissatisfaction of any kind, or the QVC return will be a very costly one now.........especially if it is a smaller easy pay, you lose $ when returning it so best to keep or donate it, and if the item is very heavy you will be deducted a hefty original s&h charge from your original purchase.....so you lose there too.

All in all now I try my best to only buy what will be gifted and kept, and look for great customer service who offer easy returns with no surprise deductions for additional charges never deducted before, and I also seek all the great extra perks many companies also include, which make it a deal too good to pass up.

Respected Contributor

S&H is not always included on all QVC food items purchased, many yes the s&h is included.......but not all.