Respected Contributor

Re: Evine over charges for shipping

[ Edited ]

I find what I purchase from Evine (clothes) to be lower and more fairly priced along with everything being tax free. They also frequently offer buy more/save more on shipping, etc  which bottom line makes them less costly than when I order from here. Shipping and returns (inc my refunds) are also much quicker with Evine. . 

Honored Contributor

Several days ago I bought a Paula Deen 7 piece comforter set on sale from evine. I caught a flash sale on FREE S&H for the set which would have been $18.99 after midnight. I had saved it in my "saved for later" list and was checking to see if the price had gone down. I ordered it about 12:15 a.m. At noon, 12 hours later the shipping cost was back. Glad I looked.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

I find what I purchase from Evine (clothes) to be lower and more fairly priced along with everything being tax free. They also frequently offer buy more/save more on shipping, etc  which bottom line makes them less costly than when I order from here. Shipping and returns (inc my refunds) are also much quicker with Evine. . 

@AmericanBulldogMom. I've never bought Evine's clothing but I do know when the host holds it up you can usually see right through it to the item behind it.  My impression is that most of what they sell is thin and sleezy.  It appears to be very poor quality, not nearly up to QVC's standards.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom. I've never bought Evine's clothing but I do know when the host holds it up you can usually see right through it to the item behind it.  My impression is that most of what they sell is thin and sleezy.  It appears to be very poor quality, not nearly up to QVC's standards.

@Kachina624 Sleazy??? I live in Wi and have tons of heavy clothing. I also tend to layer and therefore have lots of tanks and clothes to be layered over. I actually like the thinner material they offer in some of their clothes for the hot humid, though too short, summers we have. So if I need/want to layer something under one of their shirts it’s not an issue for me. 

As for what I have ordered for winter/cold weather wear, their cardi’s and sweaters quality far exceeded what I paid. Their pants and jeans fit great and I can order the same size in different styles and they always fit. Material is also more substantial than many pants/jeans I have sent back to the Q. Quality at the Q is hit or miss as is their standards from what I see - no difference than most places. 

Based on your past posts I have read, we don’t share the same opinions on most things nor do we wear similar styles. We also are not close in age either, maybe thats why. This will just be another subject I will disagree with you on. At least, though, my opinion is based on actually purchasing clothes from them.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

I have purchased Evine fashions in the past.I kept a few mostly bc it is too costly to return given the high outbound shipping that you lose. I think that's their strategy to reduce returns, you are easily out on average $12-14 per return! 

Forget Q standards, most of Evine fashions are ugly, cheap, poor fitting.  Of the 3 shopping channels Evine ranks  the bottom and they charge on average $30 per top including the ridiculous shipping fees. Returns processing at Evine takes the longest and their CS is awful. 

Even gorgeous Heather Hall looks bad and someone like Melissa looks horrible. I notice Heather never wears Evine clothes unless she is hosting the fashion show. In fact, I don't think any of the hosts wear those clothes unless they are hosting the shows.Woman LOL

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Evine's shipping is a huge deterrent for me.  I don't purchase much due to it.  HSN has the best shipping of all!!!  LOVE HSN!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

Oh and the other thing is, even if they ship all the items to you in one box, if you return some of those same items back in one box, they charge you the return label charge for EACH item. 

Years ago I bought several Pam McCoy clothing items.  They arrived in one box and they were all horrible quality.  I sent everything back in the same box they sent the items to me in.  I went to the PO and paid shipping myself rather than using their return label. 

I got a notice of the return and the refund amount was way short.  When I looked at what they did, they charged me $6.95 PER ITEM for all the items returned in that one box.  I contacted them and explained that I paid on my own.  The CS rep argued with me for awhile claiming I used their prepaid label.  I had to e-mail my receipt to them.  I was told that as a one time courtesy, they would refund the return charges to my account.  Then when I asked why I was charged for each item, she said that's how they do it. 

It was years before I would dip my toe in the water with them again.     

OH MY GOSH!  That happened to me once too--meaning the customer service rep arguing with me about my return!!  

I buy little from them.  HUGE HASSLE!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Last year there was an issue with a return that I sent - a flimsy top that was so thin it could have been made from TP Woman LOL  CS couldn't fix the issue related to the credit amount. I had to call Corporate and spoke with the VP of Customer Care ( female). She apologized for the CS handling and told me the agents for the most part are work from home with limited privileges to issue credits.  They should have escalated it. I started to tell her about the poor quality of the fashions and she chuckled and agreed. Woman LOL 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

Last year there was an issue with a return that I sent - a flimsy top that was so thin it could have been made from TP Woman LOL  CS couldn't fix the issue related to the credit amount. I had to call Corporate and spoke with the VP of Customer Care ( female). She apologized for the CS handling and told me the agents for the most part are work from home with limited privileges to issue credits.  They should have escalated it. I started to tell her about the poor quality of the fashions and she chuckled and agreed. Woman LOL 

What???the cs agents work from home? Now that worrries me because they have access to my acct and cc info. Where is the over-sight to make sure the agents don't abuse customer info?!

Thanks, @Chi-town girl for the laugh--thin as TP!!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@sommertimewrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

What???the cs agents work from home? Now that worrries me because they have access to my acct and cc info. Where is the over-sight to make sure the agents don't abuse customer info?!

Thanks, @Chi-town girl for the laugh--thin as TP!!! Woman LOL

@sommertime - yep, work at home CS!  And the majority of my dealings with them has been utterly disappointing. They are rude, dismissive and argumentative. ...and that's on a good day Woman LOL

That top was sooooo awful, and bc it was so thini it had a tear so Evine had to refund me the entire amount even the shipping, but the CS rep wouldn't issue the full credit, then when I asked to speak to a supervisor she told me no one was available.  Next day, I called Corporate and the VP profusely apologized to me and laughed with me in agreement about the AWFUL Evine fashions