Trusted Contributor

Re: Evine over charges for shipping

@adoreqvc wrote:

S&H is not always included on all QVC food items purchased, many yes the s&h is included.......but not all. 

For example?

Honored Contributor

QVC is selling a Lunchtime Special purse today that has shipping of over $10. It is not a large purse.

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

QVC is selling a Lunchtime Special purse today that has shipping of over $10. It is not a large purse.

S/H on many handbags and shoes are way out of line.  

Valued Contributor

All this shipping cost talk makes me glad to shop with Amazon Prime.

Occasional Contributor

No they don't and with Evine for Michigan I don't pay taxes. Out of all of them QVC shipping is more. If I order from Evine I get my items quicker then QVC, and next is HSN which ship out quicker then QVC

Honored Contributor

Their shipping charges are higher than the other shopping channels and they do take a long time to deliver, sometimes 2 weeks but I don't find either one to be a problem because I KNOW what the shipping charges will be when I place my order.  If I think it's too much for what I am buying....I don't buy that item.  The long delivery time doesn't bother me because I never buy anything I need quickly;  although, I admit that I have totally forgotten that I even bought something because it took so long to arrive.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

@Bigbear52 wrote:

There shipping is high. They also charge shipping on food items. QVC food items are usually always free S&H 

Not to be picky but isn't the s/h included in most of the food items, not free?  I don't buy food from QVC or anywhere but anytime I've seen it presented, it always says s/h is included.  There is a difference between that and it being free. 

Oh, so true....word games.  

Valued Contributor

How are charges decided? I have seen Josie Maran selling 3 large tubs ofher creme and the shipping was $3. Yet a knife set on David's Sunday show end up with $5.50. It seems if its cosmetics, it's $3 but smaller kitchen items start at $5.50 regardless.

Occasional Contributor

WOW! That's ridiculous. Guess they don't care if they lose customers/sales due to unfair/unreasonble practices. I stopped buying a lot of things too because of the high shipping charges. Like you, after seeing the total shipping on some things I emptied my cart and called it a day. Their customer service has never been the same quality as QVC and HSN. I'm sick of the watch shows too. Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

We pay tax at QVC on the shipping charge also. However, that only applies to shipping it TO you, not when you return an item.