Occasional Contributor

Evine over charges for shipping

A few weeks ago i ordered several items from Evine, and noticed they charge you way more for every item, than QVC & HSN and then pack everything into the same box & ship it the slowest way possible.  For the amount you pay in shipping, they could send it over night express.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Evine over charges for shipping

@Will2890. You speak the truth.  If you buy three moderately priced rings the shipping is $6.99/each.  They put them in one padded envelope and for $21., ship them to you the cheapest way available.  I've really curtailed my shopping there.  Both QVC and Evine use shipping charges as an important source of revenue.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I quit buying from Evine because of their extremely high shipping costs…and the fact that I am so sick of seeing watches being sold on their channel…I just quit tuning in.  So much of my shopping in the past was done with shopping channels and I was pleased with the experience.  Times have changed, shopping channels have changed and I have taken my dollars elsewhere for most things.  I am still shopping, so it is their loss.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

Yes, their shipping charges are very high, and I don't even want to tell you what it costs in total if you decide to return something because it wasn't up to par ($15-16).

I will say one thing in their favor.  When I once received an obviously empty envelope (it had been slit open with a knife), they had no problem or hesitation in crediting my account for it (it was a $300 ring).  They would have sent a replacement right away, but it was sold out.  I do think that a large portion of the high jewelry shipping charges are used for insurance purposes.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Their s/h is ridiculous.  There have been a number of times that I have not placed an order after seeing the s/h charge whether that meant never placing the item in my cart because of the high s/h charge or placing multiple items in my cart and seeing what the final s/h charge would be.

Just a few years back, they were charging $6.99 s/h for clothing.  I put 4 clothing items in my cart. When I went to check out, the s/h alone was nearly $28.00, more than a couple of the items cost me!  I called CS and they wouldn't budge so I bought nothing. 

Rarely if ever do they offer reduced s/h on multiple purchases but even that is often a rip-off.  I wanted a couple NYC band rings.  THe s/h was $6.99 which was outrageous for these little rings.  They were offering 1/2 off each subsequent purchase but even that would have been nearly $10.00 to ship 2 band rings. 

I only buy from Evine if they are offering free s/h on the item or are running a promo with their CC of free s/h.   

Honored Contributor

Oh and the other thing is, even if they ship all the items to you in one box, if you return some of those same items back in one box, they charge you the return label charge for EACH item. 

Years ago I bought several Pam McCoy clothing items.  They arrived in one box and they were all horrible quality.  I sent everything back in the same box they sent the items to me in.  I went to the PO and paid shipping myself rather than using their return label. 

I got a notice of the return and the refund amount was way short.  When I looked at what they did, they charged me $6.95 PER ITEM for all the items returned in that one box.  I contacted them and explained that I paid on my own.  The CS rep argued with me for awhile claiming I used their prepaid label.  I had to e-mail my receipt to them.  I was told that as a one time courtesy, they would refund the return charges to my account.  Then when I asked why I was charged for each item, she said that's how they do it. 

It was years before I would dip my toe in the water with them again.     

Occasional Contributor

I do not like Evine, have never found anything I was interested in. The times I did tune in it was watches, how many watches do you need.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lilyville wrote:

I do not like Evine, have never found anything I was interested in. The times I did tune in it was watches, how many watches do you need.

@lilyviller   Boy, that's a loaded question.  Go over to the watch forum and ask them how many they need.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Contributor

I dont think Evine is any more than QVC or HSN IN SHIPPING.I watch all 3 and Hsn does have better deals but  I dont think the Q does on there shipping.And if you have a Evine live credit card they have free shipping all day on everytihng at least once a month.Thats when I orderer all my stuff.Now neither of the other shopping channels have that.

Respected Contributor

I think everywhere is high on shipping.

It does not matter what gimmick any place comes up with, what it comes down to is they are not going to cut into their profits, period. 

I do not get why people complain so much about shipping, no one is forcing you to buy anything online. They do still have stores everywhere that I know of, and people don't complain about how much it costs to fill up their tanks to get there and back.  Well, yes they probably do - somebody always finds something to complain about. 

I think if if you tend to think shipping is too high - then do not shop online or from catalogs. Just jump in your car and go shopping at your convenience.

-Texas Hill Country-