Valued Contributor

Re: Ethics, Dyson V10, Dan is calling it Dyson’s “top of the line cordless”. It’s NOT, V11 is

Most products come out only slightly improved over the previous one.  Unless that product has features significantly improved over my old one and I just absolutely need the newer one, then I pass.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ethics, Dyson V10, Dan is calling it Dyson’s “top of the line cordless”. It’s NOT, V11 is

Just curious as to how you know its not the top of the line?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@kurious wrote:

Dan is continually referring the Dyson V10 as the “latest and greatest Dyson  cordless” and “Dyson’s top of the Line cordless”. 

It is NOT.  The V11 is the newest and top of the line. 

Even worse, the Dyson employee, co-presenting with Dan is not correcting him. 

I don’t know which is worse, Dan or the Dyson employee. 

How does QVC legal allow such product misrepresentation?

@kurious  .... could it be that the V10 is an “animal” & the V11 isn’t? .... I really didn’t check into the V11 & weather or not it’s an “animal”  ... otherwise how can they legally say that???? .... I own the V8 & think it is very overrated & overpriced ... I will never buy a Dyson again 🙃

Frequent Contributor

560A998E-5F4B-41CF-9012-C6678D703A1C.png

Regular Contributor

I know they keep saying its the last V10 TSV this year....no doubt since they’ll offer the V11 next.  I have a V7 & I’m waiting for the V11 since it offers more features.  I figure by the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

@kurious wrote:

Dan is continually referring the Dyson V10 as the “latest and greatest Dyson  cordless” and “Dyson’s top of the Line cordless”. 

@kurious  ....  I think most of the electronics sold on the Q are older models..... at outrageous prices.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@LolaMontezThe problem is that's been true since a couple decades prior to the birth of QVC -  appliances, cars, furniture , etc. -  everything was the latest and the best ....  until it wasn't.   The urge for new and better probably accounts for a large percentage of the trash we create.

I'm cynical though -  do I need the latest and the best?  Will something new really make all that much difference, assuming what I have already seems okay?   I know my answer.

@millieshops 

There's some shoppers out there that always like to be "the first on the block "  to have something...."braggers" I call 'em...

Like you I'm cynical....When I see sometheming marked "New And Improved" my thoughts go to...what did they do to ruin it or cheapen it in order to make more of a profit for themselves....😒

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@kurious wrote:

@kurious  ....  I think most of the electronics sold on the Q are older models..... at outrageous prices.  

@Boehm Collector 

ITA,,,,,

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC doesn't have a good memory regarding a few past experiences and complaints on products that resulted in lawsuits...

March 19, 2009

TAGS:

• QVC, Inc., a TV home shopping channel and one of the world’s largest multimedia retailers, has agreed to pay $7.5 million to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it made false and unsubstantiated claims about three types of dietary supplements in violation of an FTC order, and about an anti-cellulite skin cream in violation of the FTC Act.

The agency alleged that QVC violated a 2000 FTC order barring it from making deceptive claims for dietary supplements.

According to the Commission, QVC aired approximately 200 programs in which false and unsubstantiated claims were made about

For Women Only weight-loss pills;

Lite Bites weight-loss food bars and shakes;

Bee-Alive Royal Jelly energy supplements.

In addition, the complaint charged that QVC violated Section 5 of the FTC Act by making unsubstantiated claims about Lipofactor Cellulite Target Lotion.

The settlement requires QVC to pay $6 million for consumer redress and a $1.5 million civil penalty. In addition, the settlement expands the prior FTC order and further bars QVC from making unsubstantiated claims that any drug or cosmetic eliminates or reduces a user’s cellulite.

“QVC aired ads that weren’t true and violated an FTC order,” said Eileen Harrington, Acting Director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection. “Simply put, we aren’t going to let QVC get away with this. The company is responsible for the product claims made on its programs, and we expect that going forward, QVC will do a better job for its audience and make sure that its programs are truthful and not deceptive.”