Super Contributor

Re: Estée Lauder TSV on July 20, 2021

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I'm definitely buying this TSV. EL makeup is terrific and this set will be a lot if fun to play with! This is a great value. By the way, they DO NOT test on animals. 

They might not technically themselves but they are not certified cruelty free as they 1) may have suppliers or other entities in their supply chain that do and 2) they choose to sell in countries that mandate all imported cosmetic items be tested on animals.

The information is out there if you educate yourself.

If it was not for this I would look past the fact that this might be last year's stock and get this for the night serum, but passing.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The only thing I have even the slightest interest in is the eyeshadow palettes.

you will be able to get them in a few weeks  on reselling once people get them and decide to keep and sell the things they don't like 

Respected Contributor

I ordered because price for just Night Repair products and neutral eye pallet is worth it for me because I use these products/colors anyway. Probably be able to find something to do with the case otherwise will donate it. I do not think these are old products because doubt they could come up with as many as they are selling of the TSV. This does qualify for extended Holiday Return through end of January 2022.
Respected Contributor

My mother purchased Estee Lauder back in the late 60's and gave me a kit like this when I was in my early 20's.  I think she got it as a gift for her purchase.  She thought it was so special but I didn't care for it.  Was into other brands and thought it was an "old lady" brand.  Now, I am the old lady and I still prefer other brands!

Honored Contributor

Have any of the hosts mentioned how many sets have been sold and how many were brought in for the TSV? I think it will be a great seller!

Respected Contributor

Shaun said that twenty thousand sets were brought in for the day.  I am surprised that the tsv has not been sold out yet.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan Thanks! I am surprised too.

Regular Contributor

Maximillian: I absolutely agree with your statement & thank you for bringing this to people's attention!
If anyone wants to know which products aren’t tested on animals? Download the free Leaping Bunny app or view the Leaping Bunny guide, both of which include a comprehensive list of cruelty-free brands that have met the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC)’s rigorous, internationally recognized cruelty-free standard. We should be encouraging shoppers to purchase from the more than 2,000 cosmetic & personal care, household and pet care companies listed in the guide that are CF!
Thank you everyone!❤🐰🐇✖