Honored Contributor

Re: Enough of the Christmas stuff already!!!!!!

I so agree with OP. Geez--lets get Helloween over with and then on to the other stuff. I worked retail for 12 years and July 5th was when all this junk would start coming in. Some of it would get put out right away so I saw it for MONTHS!!!  Not a fan and won't be watching.

Trusted Contributor

jackthebear ~ I can't speak for anyone else, but there are so few I buy for that I just know what they will like.  I buy vintage items for people who collect only things that are vintage.  I wouldn't buy something old for someone who likes to decorate in a contemporary style.  It seems to work for me, and I'm supporting a local shop in doing so.  Besides, it gives me an excuse to get out and visit with friends and do some shopping (shopping for myself, as well)!  :-)

Respected Contributor

A month ago, I was saying the same thing.  But it is October  and that's when people start to think about the holidays.  QVC is a retailer after all, they want those early shoppers.  However, I hate it when people start talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, heck before Columbus Day and I particulary hate it that Thanksgiving seems to fading out.  Silly Halloween gets more respect and thought than Thanksgiving Day does...for some people anyway.  Now that is sad..... 

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

A month ago, I was saying the same thing.  But it is October  and that's when people start to think about the holidays.  QVC is a retailer after all, they want those early shoppers.  However, I hate it when people start talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, heck before Columbus Day and I particulary hate it that Thanksgiving seems to fading out.  Silly Halloween gets more respect and thought than Thanksgiving Day does...for some people anyway.  Now that is sad..... 

Thanksgiving, and the reason I love it so, is not a RETAIL holiday, except obviously for food retailers.  

One of the reasons I indulge myself in my Christmas programs and shopping early is so I can sit back and enjoy family and sharing and atmosphere from Thanksgiving through New Years.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the Christmas shows.  I thought there were fewer than previous years.  They beat some of the regular items that have dedicated all day shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

If you don't like the Christmas shows, then turn the channel to something else; such a simple solution. Smiley Happy

I am one of those who buys for Christmas throughout the year. I used to do everything during December and found it more stressful than I wanted it to be.....it was not enjoyable.

So in January I start purchasing any extra decorations I might need for at least 70% off and sometimes more. The items are still in the box, so they are in good condition.

I make purchases for family and friends throughout the year as I see things I believe they would want. And I usually can find great sales on the items I want for them.  I just stash the gifts away and leave the wrapping of presents until December, when it is truly a fun thing to do!

I've been doing it this way for years and find I enjoy Christmas more because of less stress, rushing around at the last minute, etc. Then if I have time, I like to go to the malls to see how pretty all the stores have been decorated.

QVC having Christmas items for special pricing is a good thng. I did not tire of it in July nor do I tire of it now. Beats last-minute shopping with crowds!

what do you do if the person doesn't like the gift you bought in March, you can't return, so someone is stuck with it, so money is wasted?

Has never been a problem for me. I know my family and friends well enough to know what they want and/or could use. But if I were to buy for someone I didn't know well, I would probably go with a gift certificate to a place that has a variety of things they could choose from; for instance, Traget, Walmart, Amazon.com, etc.

Sometimes it is just a matter of listening to what people are saying when they don't realize that they are telling you something about themselves. Someone who has become a really strong influence in my life recently mentioned in passing that she would "like to try" Philosophy products. To my knowledge, she doesn't watch QVC, but has seen the products in a store. So what do you think I got her for Christmas? The special stocking stuffer of various Philosophy products that I saw earlier this morning! That was an easy one! ha!

Have been doing it this way for years and find that a holiday that used to stress me out and make me wish it was over before it came has now become a favorite time of the year for me. It is more relaxing than ever. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@circles wrote:

I am going to assume you are in control whats on your t.v....find something else to watch....

How selfish of you to think because you don't want to see Christmas items...that the Q. should stop selling it...how about the others of us who enjoy the gift shows...

There's a lot of that going on here on the forums(selfishness, that is).

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@April wrote:

I'm tired of Christmas and it's still 2 1/2 months away.  Enough, QVC!  STOP IT NOW!!!!!

Dream on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I absolutely agree!  I LOVE the Christmas shows.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. It's still Summer in SoCal and not in the Xmas mood yet.

Maybe next month -