Contributor

Enough of the Christmas stuff already!!!!!!

I'm tired of Christmas and it's still 2 1/2 months away.  Enough, QVC!  STOP IT NOW!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Enough of the Christmas stuff already!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Slate.com has an article about how bad Christmas Creep has gotten. It's nothing we didn't already know. QVC is just following B&M retail practices. I'm trying my best to ignore it all!

Don't think that link worked. Here's the long version:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2015/09/_kmart_ikea_christmas_creep_it_s_becoming_a_y...

Respected Contributor

Well, the grocery stores here had Halloween candy & decorations out on the shelves in mid-August, so you can only expect things to get worse everywhere.

Trusted Contributor

QVC has become crass and tacky with the way they push Christmas so early.  Talk about pimping the holiday!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not necessarily put blame on QVC.  It's the name of the retail game.  Consumers are the deciding factor.  If ittems are selling, then that's where the demand lies.  If you don't like seeing it, don't tune in to QVC or other channel shopping.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Regular Contributor

I've been looking at the Halloween candy that's been in local grocery stores

since August.  Those Mellocreme Candy Corn and Pumpkins are going to be really, really hard by Oct. 31st!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I am going to assume you are in control whats on your t.v....find something else to watch....

How selfish of you to think because you don't want to see Christmas items...that the Q. should stop selling it...how about the others of us who enjoy the gift shows...

Respected Contributor

"Christmas Creep"--I thought that was the Grinch--no, very good post. Loved your article.

I did notice that Halloween Candy was in the shops by Labor Day. That's "Halloween Creep." (shades of Friday the 13th.)

And yes, we didn't even make it to freekin' HALLOWEEN before Christmas stuff has started to show up. This tells me they are worried about getting a good enough Christmas season to make up for the retail sales. It's about a third of the entire year or more for some retailers. Since Thanksgiving isn't until the 26th of November, that would be only a month til Christmas. So I'm not surprised it's early--just not THIS early. 

Honored Contributor

No B&M store is as bad as this shopping channel in putting our christmas stuff - it starts on July 25 and goes hill fast from there.  B&M stores do not at least play into this in July so you can't blame these folks for starting this up.  To do these kinds of sales in July is totally ridiculous.  People haven't even planned summer vacations by July, kids barely got out of school for the year, they don't even have new swim suits yet to sport for the summer season.  I haven't even switched out my boots for flipflops yet in July.

So as the first poster said - Stop, STOP IT NOW.

Oh wait, we are too late.  I'm still picking beautiful ripe tomatoes in my garden. 

Trusted Contributor

I love all the Christmas shows!  So not everyone is tired of seeing them.  Woman Very Happy