Contributor

I saw a brief picture of this TSV for the weekend duo at the top of the page in the last day or so, but today they are showing nothing. It looked like either a rice cooker or a pressure cooker. Do any of you know what it is? Today they have nothing showing for the preview.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I'm curious about the TSV too.

Frequent Contributor

Pressure cooker

Frequent Contributor
Pressure cooker 6 qt $89 I'm thrilled
Frequent Contributor

Have any of you used a pressure cooker. I like the idea of quicker cooking. But, it looks sort of scary. Are they easy to use? TIA!

Occasional Contributor

Wasn't Emeril on the ""southern station"" before?? I swear I saw him on there just a bit ago??

Honored Contributor

I didn't even know Emeril parted ways with H S N.

Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2014 bagsers said:

Have any of you used a pressure cooker. I like the idea of quicker cooking. But, it looks sort of scary. Are they easy to use? TIA!

Very easy to use! I got one about a year ago or so and I use it a lot. DH gave me Emeril's cookbook for Christmas. I like it because you can use frozen meat and chicken in it. I don't have to worry about taking 2-3 hours to get dinner ready! It's very easy to use. Mine's a Cuisinart, but it's similar to this. It doesn't have the steamer basket - this would be nice for that feature. Smile

Super Contributor

Yes, I own a 4 qt. Cook's Essential electric pressure cooker and love it. Takes longer to prepare the food to go into the pressure cooker than to cook it. You can brown the meat right in it, so you don't have to use a frying pan on the stove. Everything that I have made in it comes out excellent. I also own Bob Warden's 2 cookbooks for the pressure cooker. There are safeguards built in so you won't have exploding stove top pressure cookers as was the case years ago. When you release the pressure, the lid will not unlock until the pressure is down. Nothing to be scared of, you will have a lot of great meals.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I own this unit (at least it looks to have the identical settings) when Emeril was selling it on the "other" station several years ago. Actually, it was my husband that wanted it, I had a fear of pressure cookers after seeing the old fashioned stove top one my mother used yearssss ago. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} That thing would shake, rattle and roll!

Anyhow, it's used every week or so and does a great job. So much easier to use than the stove top models (at least to me) and perfectly safe. You are unable to open the lid until the pressure has released naturally or manually by turning the pressure release valve.

ETA: I also recommend Bob Warden's "Great Foods Fast" cookbook.

Denise