Trusted Contributor

Re: Emeril Air Fryer TSV

[ Edited ]

@imagemd wrote:

A friend bought the Phillips XL...sucker is $300!!  She LOVES it.  I do not have an air fryer yet.  I do not "fry" much.  But I love to cook and I trust Emeril's products.  Is this a good one to try?  I probably don't need it but I am curious to try one.  I have read all kinds of things from teflon to ceramic to heat, cleaning, etc.  Any help on this is appreciated.  Have a great day!!

Don't buy the Emeril Rapid Air Fryer.  The reason is because it does not have an inner basket.  Unlike other brands of Air Fryers.   In the Emeril Rapiid Fryer, oil and sauce spill out of the slots around the sides of the basket when you tip the basket to empty out the food.  It will make a mess on your counter.

I have the C.E. 3 qt. Air Fryer with smart digital controls. This is the QVC brand I recommend.  Next to my C.E. Pressure Cooker, it is my most used kitchen appliance.

I have lost 50 pounds in 4 months by not deep fat frying or using oil when cooking foods.

FWIW, I also have the Phillips XL Air Fryer from Sur La Table,  and it's a great product to air fry larger foods like whole chicken, turkey breasts, roast beef,  ham, fish, shell fish, whole ears of corn, or roasted vegetables. Or to bake deserts like cakes, and brownies.

Air frying is healthier for you.  You will lessen your chance of obesity, clogged arteries, and dying of a stroke or heart attack.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the TSV air fryer in spring and really like it. Baked fries on a tray don't taste very good, but take the same & put in the air fryer and it's as good as fast food without the oil. Same with cheese sticks, no added oil. My son uses it for chicken as much as I use it. I make the macaroni and cheese that came in the recipe book and it's soooo devine! My favorite and had been on the hunt for a good simple recipe for years. I don't usually buy new gadgets either, or extra appliances, but this is a good one to have.

Respected Contributor

@Mama Deb wrote:

I ordered it, and then cancelled it after reading many of these comments regarding it. I already have the Breville Smart Oven Pro and it litterly does the same thing with what I specifically cook in it so I don't need it.

I'm probably going to cancel mine too since I have the Breville too.

Honored Contributor

I have the air fryer Eric had as a TSV.  Made a pork loin (1/2 a loin) in it today.  Delicious and fast.  Clean up easy.  I'm more than satisfied with mine.

I don't really like Phillips xl, my friend owns it. Recently I've bought Air deep fryer Emeril 3.5 pro system. I read review here https://bestairfryer.reviews/emeril/ and what can I say after a solid moth using it? I love it!!!!! My husband want french fries every evening now!

Frequent Contributor

I have one... it's still in the box... in the garage...