Honored Contributor

I do not see how cooking say mozzerella sticks in the air fryer is any healthier than baking them in the oven??? They are still covered in breading drenched in high fat oils.  What is the difference?  Still junk food and unhealthy.     Seems like another toy that will end up at Good Will after the newness wears off.   See t  such gimmicky things there all the time.  The George Foreman Grill is one such gimmicky toy.......

Honored Contributor

First of all I do not have the storage space for this appliance.  I will stick to roasting in the oven or toaster oven.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I usually buy all of the latest gadgets and also send them to daughter in Denver (she has said, "no more"  Ha!).

I've been able to resist buying any of those.  I don't cook much at all anymore, just eat out.

It just seems so large.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not see how cooking say mozzerella sticks in the air fryer is any healthier than baking them in the oven??? They are still covered in breading drenched in high fat oils.  What is the difference?  Still junk food and unhealthy.     Seems like another toy that will end up at Good Will after the newness wears off.   See t  such gimmicky things there all the time.  The George Foreman Grill is one such gimmicky toy.......

@SeaMaiden, I absolutely love my George Foreman grill.  But I know several people who bought them and they ended up donated.

Respected Contributor

Would a Breville convection toaster oven do the same thing? They keep saying it's like a convection oven. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Emeril Air Fryer TSV

[ Edited ]

I deleted my post.

Respected Contributor

I crack up when I see people write that they love "Emerils" version, or Joe's version, or Paula Deans, or Puck's  version of these fryers...

People COME ON.....

It's chinese made JUNK that they promote with thier names....

It's not like Emeril stayed up late nights in his garage making an air fryer...some woman called in before gushing about how she was so sure "Emerils" fryer would be SOOOOOO good!!!!

But in case no one is convinced, I plan to market one soon too!!!

Why not? There are only about 50 different "air fryers" on the market right now!!

Can you imagine this thing on your counter beside your bowl lift KitchenAid mixer, your Breville oven, your Vitamix and your XL 30 quart pressure cooker?!?!?!?

Sheeeeesh.

All made in the SAME CHINESE FACTORY with a different label!!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to thank everyone for talking me right out of buying this TSV, I have the Cooks Essential when it was a TSV about a K43756 3/15/16. I'm sure if any of you have this one and like it or not? I'm not sure I will use this since it's still in the Box. Good news is I read the post from here now and then think twice before Buying a Kitchen GADGET...

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I ordered it, and then cancelled it after reading many of these comments regarding it. I already have the Breville Smart Oven Pro and it litterly does the same thing with what I specifically cook in it so I don't need it.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with some others, I think it is a fad and will be on your cabinet shelf with a lot of other useless small appliances. First thing you should say is demo this product without showing french fries or fried chicken. Next...do you really need it? It is really small and unless you have a little family you will be cooking in batches and trying to keep it all warm. I think I'll pass...I would bet Eric will have a Copper Chef Air Fryer out before Christmas...can't you just see it?