Frequent Contributor

Re: Email from QVC re change to TSV

I'd like to know what the Vionic TSV will be on Tuesday, July 7th.  In the past, it might have been available on the website to preorder.  If it was something I liked, I would have been tempted to order it this weekend when some of the rebates sites are offering higher rebates. 

This is another reason why I don't care for the change in  the TSV.

Respected Contributor

A lot of people don't or can't stay up till midnight. So if colors or sizes sell out you are out of luck. Another bad management choice. They will be stuck with a lot of overstock trying to get rid of merch in 24 hours. I hope this is a giant fail. I miss having the QVC magazine that would give us an advance look , now of course we don't even have that. Love QVC , just not this . Retail has changed since they only had TSV's for one day.

Respected Contributor

If my size or color is gone by 6 am, I guess I don’t need it that badly.  They can’t sell them out in days now.  Not letting them get me with this hype.

Contributor

Or they have enough stock to last at least 3/4 of the day. 

Respected Contributor

@shoechic wrote:

Just got this email.

qvc tsv email.jpg

I just see it as a sales gimmick....get in the customers head that the TSV is so unique or priced so great you will want to lose sleep waiting up for it.  Then you can sit for 1 hour from 12am to 1am for the "full" presentation and order.  

I am on EST so that won't be even tempting in the least to me.  I need my sleep way more.  

I like how other places have sales all the time....some lasting for a week some longer.  They encourage us to not impulse shop here so you don't return purchases but this seems to put more pressure on the customer to "hurry up" and buy it cause the price is only good for one day!  Kohl's and other places don't do that...I have at least a week to look at and decide if I want to purchase a pair of pj's or not.  Wait for a sale....use one of the many coupons and so on.  I like that much better as it is convenient for my life and shopping habits. 

If you are a late owl or in the right time zone maybe this is no big deal to you and I get that.  Or perhaps you enjoy the secret of the TSV thing.  I just think that's a sales poly to get in the customers psyche to impulse buy.

I like all the bonus buys and things Big Deal and on and on...that appeals to me and I hope they don't go even more back in time.  

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I really must say, though, that if the Q is intent on going back to the old days of maximum hyping of their soon to be 'unique' and one day only (but now usually tame, tiresome and tedious) TSV's they're going to need to tell the hosts, who have become increasingly hyperbolic, to take it down a notch or six when presenting other merchandise. Otherwise, pulling out all the stops to create buzz for the TSV will just seem like business as usual... 

@stevieb   My bet is it'll be just the opposite.  With less "pre-TSV-sales" the hosts will feel the need to lather extra maniacal hype to make up those sales QVC didn't get the day(s) before.  

Respected Contributor

Looks like the new and exciting products are actually old inventory they need to unload being put out as TSV's lately. 

Valued Contributor

Happy that a todays special value is back to being one day but today we have hours spent on a portable blender.  Is that really necessary?  The deal is not even that special. Crazy way to merchandise.  Thousands of items that never get a second on air while a portable blender in ninety colors for $30 is given hours on air.  I just do not get it.

Esteemed Contributor

This portable blender has been featured for several years.  This doesn't appear to have any upgrades or improvements except perhaps a few new colors.

Nothing really special so hiding it until midnight seems pretty sad.

There is nothing new under the sun.

Respected Contributor

That's a REALLY BAD idea!  I live on the East Coast, it's nice to see previews, so I don't have to stay up until midnight and beyond, to view the item and decide.  Could I stay up?  Sure, but I, like a lot of others, have to go to work and function the next day.  Hmm...this just sounds like the worst decision, ever.  Hope they rethink this decision sooner than later...