Honored Contributor
Seriously! Interested in purchasing. Tired of dealing with my peach fuzz and now long grey hairs popping up daily on my face. Feedback please. Probably go ahead order if I don't care for it have until end of January return. TIA!
Frequent Contributor

I have an older emjoi and I love it for my face. I use it once a week. It's a bit painful especially on the upper lip but totally worth it. It does make me red afterwards so I put some witch hazel on and wait about 30 minutes before applying anything else.

Honored Contributor

My face breaks out if I use an epilator on it. I used to love how it got rid of all my peach fuzz, skin so smooth afterwards. Now I just shave it off with an electric foil-shaver.

Regular Contributor

Full disclosure: my comments are based upon my use of the Emjoi erase 60 tweezer epilator. I ordered it  3 or 4 years ago when it debuted as a TSV.  Prior to using the Emjoi erase, I had never epilated. I ordered for my legs, arms, and underarms.  It is great!!! I did try it in my face, but had acne breakouts. I suffer from very acne prone skin, to the point that I can't use exfoliating facial scrub.  I use a Panasonic battery operated trimmer for my peach fuzz.  I preordered the Emjoi TSV on Wednesday. I should receive it by Tuesday. I can't wait!! It has 82 tweezers and should provide even better results!!  Both the first epilator I ordered and this new one come with a sensitivity cover. This makes facial epilation gentle and easy. As you become accustomed to epilating, you may not need the sensitivity cover.  I hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

I purchased one last year about this time from QVC,  I bought mainly to use on my face. It takes a little getting used to but for peach fuzz it works.  I personally cannot tolerate the pain using it above the upper lip.  The skin there is so sensitive.  Everywhere else on my face is fine.  I previously had a battery operated one but it didn't last long so i prefer the electric one.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I'm curious about this too. Is it worth the price? Seems a little high. Did anyone preorder and receive? What do you think?

Regular Contributor

I bought the TSV last year in December - it has 64 blades. Not sure if that is why this one costs 20-30 more. I had been looking at them for awhile and could never justify the cost and then Leah made a remark that rang home - she mentioned the cost of razors and how the one I bought would pay for itself quickly. And she's right - the other day at Sam's I think I paid more than $30 for 12 razor blades! I found that sensitive skin cover to be a pain in the butt - I never use it. I use the one I have on my face - it's great on the peachfuzz and above the lip. Just be sure to pull the lip taut and it does not hurt much - now it does not hurt at all. That's what I bought it for and figured if it worked on my face it would be worth the cost. I also use it under my arms. I no longer have more than three or four hairs under each arm. It is more painful under there and I have found that using it on high and just getting it done is better than low. I sometimes have some burning when I then put on deoderant but nothing unbearable. I only use it about once every week or two now because the hair on my face and under my arms is pretty much gone. 

But, I found it did a horrible job on my legs, hence the reason I am still buying razor blades! It may be I am not patient enough to do little areas, etc. I will be interested to see this demo to see if the increase in blades means you don't have to be so slow and methodical with it. If that's the case I may buy this one also! But depending upon what you want it for the one I bought last year may work and is likely still cheaper.  

Super Contributor

I have also been looking at the Braun epilators. They get great reviews, has anyone tried one? What do you think?

Honored Contributor

IMHO,  the epilators,  and I've had several,  are the greatest instruments of torture ever foisted upon womankind.   They hurt like heck!   I have a gentle Panasonic rechargeable wet/dry that I got on Amazon for about $25., that is wonderful., cuts closely and never hurts. 

Now $17.99

20161219_004344.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I wanted it only to use on my legs I might find the TSV tempting. But bigger/more discs is not necessarily better.

A few years ago I purchased the 72 disc Emjoi eMagine and shortly after that the smaller Emjoi eRase (60 disc) came out. Something made me try the eRase even though I did not see how a smaller version could be better. Well, it was. It moved better along curvy body parts (like chin) and got the hair that the larger epilator missed.