Honored Contributor

I've watched a little bit of this and think it's a lot of real estate for what it is.  But more than that, for me, is that I would have a hard time holding down that big button with one hand and pushing that other thing with the other.

I've had arthritis for over 22 years now and I find that i can do better with a knife.

It might be a good thing for somebody who routinely has to cut/chop/etc humongous quantities of food, I suppose.   In the time it would take to partially cut up some things and then use that with numerous breaks for my hands, and THEN have those pieces to wash, I could have cut up the same amount of food, washed my knife and board, and finished making my dish.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Rather than have that big thing sitting around, I'll continue using my faithful salad shooter.  I might have briefly considered it, if it came in turquoise but I thought the colors were awful.  Not even a white.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Electric mandolin?

[ Edited ]

I'm glad I read this thread, and I try to check in regularly. I ordered this in black, before midnight, I was able to select 3 easy pay with my Q card. I'm glad the order didn't get any further along in the processing, I cancelled it after reading some of the comments and concerns. I agree with a poster about rather having a decent food processor. I v=can't afford a KitchenAid, but there are a lot of other decent ones out there. I have looked at some Kalorik models that get good reviews, and some other top brand names. I have a Genius  chopper that has a mandolin attachment, does a great job, also something I purchased on Evine that was basically a steal  on clearance pricing. Thanks for starting this thread, I'm going to keep shopping around.  The picture is the item I putchased from Evine on clearance, called  the 360 Slicing System. configuration I got came with 2, 3.5 quart bowls, with lids, and grating and slicing discs. It was like $9.99 + $2.99 S&H They still have the single bowl system on clearance soldout_2008_overlay_1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Electric mandolin?

[ Edited ]

Good point about the food processor!  I've had a Cuisinart food processor for eons.  It has all those blades.  So, if I wanted to drag out a big old thing to chop some stuff, I'll just bring out the good ol' Cuisinart.  Smiley Happy

But, also, I think this would only be handy if somebody had to chop a LOT of stuff very frequently and didn't have a food processor, or the ability to just use knives.

Super Contributor
Hehehe. Ok that's what I get for typing so early in the day. Mandoline.

I didn't order it. My injury was slicing off a part of my thumb on thanksgiving. The guard slipped and I cut myself.
Honored Contributor

It was fun to watch -- something different for a change but at that time of night, I'm pretty easily amused.

I passed as well.  I am still using my very old Salad Shooter!   Works great, love it.   Anyone remember those?  Of course it only came in one color Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

It was fun to watch -- something different for a change but at that time of night, I'm pretty easily amused.

I passed as well.  I am still using my very old Salad Shooter!   Works great, love it.   Anyone remember those?  Of course it only came in one color Smiley Happy

I kinda like this litlle guy they have over on HSN. It's small but looks powerful. Like the fact you can point it right in to any container. I love when he does all the cheese . Very affordable too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFB6ae2wGs

Super Contributor

@software wrote:

I kinda like this litlle guy they have over on HSN. It's small but looks powerful. Like the fact you can point it right in to any container. I love when he does all the cheese . Very affordable too.                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jFB6ae2wGs

Valued Contributor

Some time back, I bought a regular mandoline from QVC during one of David's kitchen shows.  I don't think I've used it hardly at all.  What was I thinking?  

One of my colleagues had a a nasty cut from using her mandoline (on the very first try) and lost some mobility in her hand.  Then, I saw a post on another board that suggested when using a knife or mandoline, the poster said buying a "cutting glove" made out of almost indestructible material protects the hand. So, I got one of those and wear it when I use my mandoline.  No problems, no worries.  Frankly, I can't imagine I would need an electric mandoline or have counter space or cupboard space to justify getting one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Rather than have that big thing sitting around, I'll continue using my faithful salad shooter.  I might have briefly considered it, if it came in turquoise but I thought the colors were awful.  Not even a white.

@Kachina624

I've got a food processor but it doesn't chop.  Chopping would be my main reason for ordering the tsv.  I, too, had wished they had offered turquoise!  Did find two salad shooter models on Amazon.  The SA reviews were excellent while this tsv model was 50-50.  Does the SA chop, too?