Respected Contributor

Egg Harbor Salmon Filets TSV 3/9

Respected Contributor

Re: Egg Harbor Salmon Filets TSV 3/9

@banned again   Thanks ...   ordered a couple of days ago.  Was on AD for slightly more $ so I cancelled that and put this on AD.  These filets are absolutely delicious and so convenient. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!!

These are by far my favorite item from QVC...so convenient, consistent quality, and delicious!!

got two orders for the freezer...I like getting this kind of food while it's still cold here in the NE, although I did get an order in summer and it was frozen rock solid even tho it was in the 90s at the time....

Rather have this than meat, and it keeps me out of the store where I'd spend three times as much on stuff I don't "need"!!!! ( impulse buying!!!)...

Just gotta keep my lemon supply up to date!! And capers ( I make the salmon poached with bay leaf, a few lemon slices and real dill in the water, then serve with my own dressing of Mayo, capers and lemon juice/zest.  DEE LICIOUS!!!! Add some asparagus spears and I'm in heaven!!!

I usually cook two fillets at a time, then eat the second one cold later in the day ( eat my main meal at noon....!).

thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen   LOVE that idea of making two and eating the second one cold.    I make these in a pan with a little olive oil and lemon.   I like the inside still pink.   WIll try your poaching method too.   My husband and I were quite impressed when we had them.

Respected Contributor

@nyc1 

And I think I will try YOUR method too!!

Also I want to try baking them. I love salmon...and since I live so far inland, there's no good place to buy it here "fresh" ( which means thawed and handled by who knows how many people behind the counter,who have who knows what kind of hygiene habits!!!...)..

.I like the idea of f"lash frozen" and I'm the first one to touch it!!! ( well, almost the first!)...

It's as close as I'll get to catching it myself!!!

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen  I know what you mean. I now live in the northern burbs of Chicago ...  there are no salmon swimming anywhere close to this area!

Honored Contributor

I'm definitely NOT a fish person, and I'm usually against ordering food from tv, but I decided to give it a try.  DH enjoys salmon but I never make it for him. I should.  I took the later shipment and chose A/D, but will stretch out the schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm definitely NOT a fish person, and I'm usually against ordering food from tv, but I decided to give it a try.  DH enjoys salmon but I never make it for him. I should.  I took the later shipment and chose A/D, but will stretch out the schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed. 🤞 

This is so fresh and delicious,  you may even like it!  On a side note,  there is absolutely no fishy smell at all.  I would guess your husband will truly enjoy this.   I actually bought 2 AD's because we are going to be eating a lot more salmon.  It's so healthy for you and delicious.   Let us know how he likes it.

Respected Contributor

I purchased this on 3/9 for Immediate delivery and estimated delivery date of 3/17.  It's not yet shipped and still "in process."  Are others waiting as well??  It looks like it's available to order now (for $5 more) so it should be in stock.  Not sure why there is a delay.

Super Contributor

@sueinsf 

Saw your post and had observed the same situation with my order, which was for the immediate ship week on AD. Just phoned customer service, and there is a delay on the vendor end of things. She put in the ticket so to speak about my order so the vendor would see my order has yet to ship. The very nice representative instructed me to give it 4 days and maybe then they can get me an EDD. I'll give them to the end of this week before calling back.  You may want to call customer service and do the same thing.

Hopefully, there won't be too much more of a delay.