Regular Contributor

Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon

An upcoming Egg Harbor TSV has been listed. I'm not sure if I am missing something. Trying to figure out why this is such a special deal. 8, 6 oz for $89.98. When I looked up other Faroe Island Salmon, QVC is selling 10, 6 oz for $99.98. $11.24 per piece vs. $9.99. Am I doing the math wrong? LOL Okay so the seasoning packet is not included. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Egg Harbor Faroe Island Salmon

Whipped out my calculator to prove you wrong, but for these two options, indeed that is one VERY expensive seasoning packet.

Regular Contributor

@Still Raining  that's what I thought! I'm hoping someone can prove me wrong! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@JerseyGirlNJ 

If they kept the price per pound the same, that little pac would be about $10.  I'm dying here 😂

They should be ashamed.

Regular Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@JerseyGirlNJ 

If they kept the price per pound the same, that little pac would be about $10.  I'm dying here 😂

They should be ashamed.

All I can say is Wowza! That's a lot of $$!!

Respected Contributor

I think Premium is the difference.

Respected Contributor

I know the Faroe Island Salmon gets great reviews and I love salmon, but I typically eat less than a 6oz portion (so these prepackaged amounts aren't so convenient for me unless I were to throw the reminder in with some pasta) and this seems too expensive, so I've never tried it.  Then again, a lot of the food at QVC is expensive.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I just bought salmon at Aldi's for around $7 pound and it was delicious! I think I'll stick with that. 

Contributor

It is farmed salmon it should be cheaper than wild caught. I will not eat farmed raised seafood & the prices are ridicolous for farmed.

Respected Contributor

@cottagegirl8 wrote:

It is farmed salmon it should be cheaper than wild caught. I will not eat farmed raised seafood & the prices are ridicolous for farmed.

Aldis and Trader Joes both sell frozen wild Sockeye salmon... the fresh ones are farm raised from Chile. I will not purchase that either.