Frequent Contributor

Can anyone offer their input as to what they think of these bags and the TSV price ? 
I fully understand the concept of them but I can't figure out if this is a good price for these  😁

I have seen similar item on Amazon but I don't really know much about them and any help would be appreciated 

Thank you all !

Respected Contributor

Re: Ecolutions Silicone Bag TSV

[ Edited ]

These are a nice alternative to disposable bags, but the price and $5.50 shipping is very high, IMO.  They are plastic bags!  Big A does have many cheaper alternatives, and of course, ships free with prime  (but I am trying to limit that too)-  Again JMO. 

Frequent Contributor

I was feeling drawn to these bags when I watched at midnight.  Then I looked for reviews on past bags.  K54438 is a Christmas designed group from Ecolutions.  The reviews weren't that good.  I was also concerned about them not being dishwasher safe.  If I put produce in a bag or lunchmeat and it starts getting old, I want to have a very sanitary way of washing the bag.  I would feel better if I could put these on the top rack of the dishwasher.  

Esteemed Contributor

I guess they're okay, but I don't like the idea of having to wash them out all the time.  To me, plastic bags are a pain to get really clean.

Honored Contributor

@last mango   I understand the concept, and I'm sure you can pay less or pay more depending upon what you decide to buy and where you shop. I've seen individual silicone bags locally, sold singlely or in twos, costing anywhere from 3.99 up to 8.00 or even more.  I haven't committed myself to any at all yet.  

One aspect of the TSV that doesn't work for me are the 2 largest bags.  I know I don't need them and I don't even have any place in my condo where I could store them once they were filled! 

Respected Contributor

Ooops, wanted to add, if you freeze in them, can't be put in microwave! Deal-breaker to me...

Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Ooops, wanted to add, if you freeze in them, can't be put in microwave! Deal-breaker to me...

Thanks  you  answered my question,listen to Kerstin and Mark Charles and with all their talking was hoping to hear if they were microwavable. Learn more from the forum then listening to host sometimes.

Knew I would had like them if could be microwave in  and had a choice of sizes like maybe 4 gallons or 4 half gallons, really knew I would be using certain sizes more then others,as it's just the 2 of us.

Valued Contributor

I ordered some very similar to those in the past.  What I didn't like about them is you have to prop them up and open to let them dry.   Don't know if that makes sense.  If you lay them flat while wet, they can't air out to dry.

Esteemed Contributor

A friend wanted these for Christmas a few years ago.so I bought them for him from Amazon. Can't remember much about them or what I paid, all I know is he only used them a few times. He felt washing them out and having to have them standing about until they dried was not worth it.
Respected Contributor

I agree with @Skyegirl21 

The price and especially the s/h is high.