Valued Contributor

Earth TSV from yesterday 4-22

Why is it that the day after the TSV all the sizes and colors open up and you can get anything you want at the higher price???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Earth TSV from yesterday 4-22

If the tsv does not sell out, they will continue selling it at the higher price.  The tsv price is for one day unless later in the season it gets a clearance price.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@highmaintenancejan

Sometimes people put things on check holds and then cancel, or they place an order and cancel before it can ship.

You might have also seen something while there was a lot of traffic, and people put things in their cart (or were waiting on the phone) while you checked inventory.

Respected Contributor

A lot of the blush sizes yesterday were listed sold out and now those sizes are on waitlist maybe waiting to ship out to the waitlist people when or if there are returns.  I think "sold out" is fair if they intended on selling X amount at the TSV price. 

Deb

Honored Contributor

Considering how many posts we see here on the Forums, I suspect lots of people order and cancel that order before things go into processing.  That certainly could be one reason. 

Is there a way for a company to prevent this short of never allowing cancellations? 

Respected Contributor

HSN does the same thing.

Honored Contributor

It's your fellow shoppers canceling orders.  They get caught up in the item selling out and place an order.  Later in the day or the following morning, they change their mind and cancel.

The flexibility to cancel is great for those canceling, but not so great for those that wanted the item on tsv day and couldn't order it.

Trusted Contributor

I've worked it both ways and don't want them to change their cancellation policy.  Just order early and you'll get what you want.  I pre-ordered the navy, but later in the day I wished I had gotten the blush which is really pretty.  They were sold out.  That's life.  It's people emptying their carts and canceling their orders. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

Why is it that the day after the TSV all the sizes and colors open up and you can get anything you want at the higher price???

People hear they may sell out and panic and buy, then they cancel their order.  Happens everytime there is a sellout!  Makes me mad because I tuned in late and the colors I wanted in my size were sold out - not even a waitlist and one of them is now available for a higher price!  That being said, I do like the option to cancel an item the same day you place an order; just stinks on a tsv item!

Regular Contributor

I would think mostly because customers cancel orders before the end of the day.  Or they estimate when they are really busy on the phone lines and find out they still have stock.  If something I really want is sold out I wait until about 10 minutes before midnight and try again hoping someone cancelled.  I have been lucky a few times.